Child in the hospital.

dale560

Just an update they are still waiting for a bed to open in Minnesota. The health care crisis  is very real here in country. They have a few beds open in adult but she is under 18 so has to go to children’s hospital and they are swamped. Once she gets to Minnesota they will try and remove stones and open up common bile duct through pancreas.my wife has had procedure done there a few times. It is very specialized and only certain doctors and hospitals do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Just an update they are still waiting for a bed to open in Minnesota.

Hope and praying that one opens very soon. Thanks for the update.

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

Just an update they are still waiting for a bed to open in Minnesota. The health care crisis  is very real here in country. They have a few beds open in adult hospital. but she is under 18 so has to go to children’s hospital and they are swamped. Once she gets to Minnesota they will try and remove stones and open up common bile duct through pancreas. my wife has had procedure done there a few times. It is very specialized and only certain doctors and hospitals do it.

They do a ercp or endoscope procedure but when it involves pancreas bile duct not many surgeons are specialized or trained in it so very limited in that area. My neighbor, landlord who is 70 had same trouble this summer. He lucked out and a visiting or traveling ER doctor from New York was in our bigger town close by. He did the procedure in that hospital and did follow up on his monthly visits back. But referee him to mayo hospital in Phoenix because neighbor is snowbird has a house there and they are more capable of care.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:35 PM, dale560 said:

My daughter was the planning and desire to put lights on the 1486 in the other thread now she is worried about finding someone to turn them on 

that's sweet.

It's her job. She'll be home to do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dale560 said:

Just an update they are still waiting for a bed to open in Minnesota. The health care crisis  is very real here in country. They have a few beds open in adult but she is under 18 so has to go to children’s hospital and they are swamped. Once she gets to Minnesota they will try and remove stones and open up common bile duct through pancreas.my wife has had procedure done there a few times. It is very specialized and only certain doctors and hospitals do it.

Prayers for a open hospital bed (for both your daughter and also for those currently occupying the beds) and a speedy recovery. 

Hard time of year to be making long trips.  If you get stuck in the Grand Forks area for some reason, shoot me a PM.  I'm on base there.  If nothing else, waive while driving by.

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Prayers for a open hospital bed (for both your daughter and also for those currently occupying the beds) and a speedy recovery. 

Hard time of year to be making long trips.  If you get stuck in the Grand Forks area for some reason, shoot me a PM.  I'm on base there.  If nothing else, waive while driving by.

Yes I will wave the plan is she is flying out in a couple hours and I will drive down in the morning. 

• Like 1

The reality of covid and just other problems like shortage of staff and other normal health issues. There are days that from Chicago to Seattle that no hospital beds are available up here in the northern area.  Some of the nurses here in our small town have kids working at university and other hospitals in areas and they are full and beyond full. Even our little hospital here is full they are sending anyone out they can.

• Sad 1

Prayers to your family. There is a scarcity of beds yes. We located in Minneapolis are getting updates in a block of twenty double rooms to open Thursday to help the situation. These rooms are for recovery use short term to free up other rooms in the hospital. Our numbers are in the 530 patients in rooms but have capacity to get to almost 600. Problem is these are older rooms with less technology and have been empty for awhile as new sections come online so they need refitting so to speak. People want privacy so these have been held back. Good Luck