Got it home.

Missouri Mule

Well boys, I hesitated to even say it here but here goes it.  Stuck with my roots on a better combine for my little operation. All I've known is gleaner and I have parts available everywhere. Found a nice little F2 not too far away that the gentleman that owned unfortunatly passed away last year from cancer. He was a machinist by trade and really kept up on this thing. He spent a ton of money updating it, including the A/C and belts. It lived in the same 1/2 mile radius its whole life. came with every single option, and extra available along with a pickup load of spare belts, parts and books.  Big 28L rubber, and 3 heads. A decent little header cart for bean head,and corn reel lord help me when I need it. One is wide row but most parts interchange with my narrow head. I think for my acreage it will do me just fine. I'm as red as it gets on tractors but laugh at me if you must. No I wouldn't recommend hauling it how i did. Fact is I knew I could pull it off and after calling about 8 places to get turned down on hauling I went for it. So dodge made the win on all 3 loads. 

20211128_091413.jpg

20211128_091506(1).jpg

20211128_093122.jpg

20211128_131442.jpg

20211128_131555.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

For the life of me I can’t figure out how Gleaner determined how to choose model numbers. What is an F2 comparable to in IH or JD at the same time? Is it the size below an M? Forgive my ignorance. 

I'm just as ignorant with other brands. Its smaller than an M but bigger than a K. Was available with a 6 row head when new in literature but really just runs a 4 row head is all. This is the newer "longback" f2 which has longer straw walkers and is a corn plus which was a lot of little upgrades of little things. An L2 is bigger than an M and really what I wanted except for when I'm by myself I can just drive this from field to field with corn head on. If I'm a few passes longer in the field so be it. Not doing hundreds of acres. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love redneck hauling, congrats on your new purchase sounds like you got a great deal considering the previous owners talents 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hardtail said:

I love redneck hauling, congrats on your new purchase sounds like you got a great deal considering the previous owners talents 

Thanks. His neighbors knew him well and as a favor to his wife, helped me load it and told me what all he did to it. He was as particular as I am that's for sure. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

You’ll love that Kelderman corn reel if you ever need it. I had to loan one of our reels to a neighbor this year who had a variety of corn that got crown rot real bad and went down. They work good. 

That's good to know, as you can see from the pictures it has a few bent tines, which shouldnt be too hard to fix. I think it was bought new for one bad year and left on the spare head in the shed the last 10 years or so. 

Well, Hardtail I have only been looking for 3 years trying to decide what to buy, then talk myself out of it because of prices of crops. One things for sure this ones never seen  rain storm. His ground was right there outside his barn, and it was parked every night. That means a whole lot on a combine to me. this other picture shows how I let the air out of the tires onto cribbing and cross chained it behind the axle and 2 in front. It rode 110 miles real nice. Drove right by a DOT in the median facing me, and he just stared at me going by. 🥴😳

20211128_100938.jpg

20211128_131532.jpg

DNCrtJhI-2677285396.jpeg

IMG_9099.jpg

• Like 10

Nice to hear you had no hauling issues. A visit with dot would have been a nightmare although it looks like a safe way to haul it to me. On our chopper they have hauled it by letting it down on blocks 

• Thanks 1

Nice little combine. Knowing its history and previous care is the number 1 important thing in buying a combine in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I can't get lucky enough to find something like that near me. I have surrendered to the fact that I'll have to buy one up in the Midwest and take it in the butt on paying getting hauled down here. Absolutely no old combines being used around here. Nothing older than late 2000's. Anything older, which is rare,  80-90's is usually blown engine sitting in the open for 20+ years. Nothing older than late 80's to be seen period here except for a JD 40 that the shed is collapsed on in a grown up pasture. Scrap metal went sky high around 2010 and the fence rows got cleaned up here. Looks & sounds like you hit the lottery getting that one with all the heads and parts. How many acres do you farm?

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Did you cover the exhaust?

Rain cap faces backwards, so no. I don't feel like an hour and a half drive at 50mph was a big deal. If flap was the other way or open then I would have. Go ahead and tell me I'm sure you would have anyway 

4 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

My theory on dot is if they leave me alone I must be legal. Of course some of the time it’s just they don’t won’t that much work. I like the first idea better

They can pick on all of us if they want. I wasnt over weight, and got it down as low as I could. In fact I was under 13'6" if I would have removed 2 little flasher lights which I did in the end on a tree branch on my county road. 

8 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Rain cap faces backwards, so no. I don't feel like an hour and a half drive at 50mph was a big deal. If flap was the other way or open then I would have. Go ahead and tell me I'm sure you would have anyway 

Never have in 35 years. 

Thanks. Not sure if this was a big purchase compared to costs of newer ones, but for me it's big I guess. Lol

I keep all my corn for feed, so higher input costs just seem silly to me. If I were raising more to sell it would be totally different. As it is I may only sell 1000 bushel of corn on a good year. Maybe the same on beans. All depends. I do like to raise some wheat as well. Only wish it were worth something. The last load I hauled in 3 or 4 years ago was the prettiest cleanest wheat I've ever raised and I brought it back home and ground it into feed. I think I would of made .25/bushel on it. Vomitoxin was very bad that year and my local coop got hung pretty bad with a bin full I was told, so whether yours had it or not they only gave that for it. Not too many other places to go within 50 miles.