Jump to content

yellowstone series


from H to 80

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

A pen rider in a feedyard (including John Wayne's own) has MORE credibility than some pretend 'cowboy' (including John Wayne), or hillbilly 'musician', which by definition WOULD include Brooks and Dung, that some jerk in Nashville found a hat that come close to fitting, and a horse that him and his 'partner' (you can take that as any way you want) had not fallen off of, yet.

Only a very, very few cowboys turned actors have ever been able to walk the walk, Yakima Canutt, Slim Pickens (rodeo), Ben Johnson, Tom Mix and Hoot Gibson.

 

I've been an old west/cowboy fan since I was little, it was especially interesting that the very first western movie, the great train robbery was done in 1903, just about when mike graduated, one star was justus barnes a stage actor from the period, and bronco billy anderson, probably the first western movie star, while I digress, there were other movies made that starred outlaws of the day, Al Jennings is a pertinent example of this, real life examples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

A pen rider in a feedyard (including John Wayne's own) has MORE credibility than some pretend 'cowboy' (including John Wayne), or hillbilly 'musician', which by definition WOULD include Brooks and Dung, that some jerk in Nashville found a hat that come close to fitting, and a horse that him and his 'partner' (you can take that as any way you want) had not fallen off of, yet.

Only a very, very few cowboys turned actors have ever been able to walk the walk, Yakima Canutt, Slim Pickens (rodeo), Ben Johnson, Tom Mix and Hoot Gibson.

 

.....Art.....I decided I could not face life without a Stetson...this on my last trip, 2015   (could be the ''last'' all right ...:(  )  to the United States ...thus   at the Charlie Russell     Museum in   Great Falls, Mt...I tried a few Stetsons   on..(as it where )....Once the Sales Girl  had finally picked herself off the floor , this after yet another uncontrollable  laughing fit.....,.she reckoned  ''this one ''  would suit me.....Probably had had enough by then,  anyway ....:)....thus I departed   from the great State of  Montana  armed with a Stetson....but lacked a twelve string Gibson....niether did I own a  Horse ....but none the less that Stetson has been great.....shielding my ""Ichabod   Crane "'  like visage from New Zealands   very high  UV  sun rays....... and no pretense whatsoever , as a  musician......

...as for your  collection of ''cowboys  turned actors  ''  Slim Pickens and Ben Johnson  are like ''house hold names ''   in my humble world......and as a kid, my dear   Mother would buy me the ''Tom Mix"'  comics of the day.....but always sternly warning me that ""I would soon grow out of that cowboy nonsense....""  Nearly seventy years has passed since those stern warnings  ..!!!...Nothing has changed.....

...and for your amusement...photo taken, with Stetson, around the 76th  BD.....note the belt buckle, Art....another essential   accessory   for the ''wanna be '' cowboy...:D

Mike

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe this has gone 2 pages and nobody has mentioned the eye candy bathing in the stock tank, she's bat$hit crazy but man she's got some, well, I'll just stop there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bkorth said:

I can't believe this has gone 2 pages and nobody has mentioned the eye candy bathing in the stock tank, she's bat$hit crazy but man she's got some, well, I'll just stop there.

Remember the crazy/hot matrix. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Remember the crazy/hot matrix. 

 

Not sure where Beth ranks on the “Crazy Hot Matrix”, I think she’s as much crazy as hot, but there’s been times I wished I had the balls that she does!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to have two bowlers but they were burned in a fire, properly made they are very comfortable, I’ve worn cowboy hats since I can remember and also like the quick and easy flat hat or paperboy hats from the twenties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can appreciate all of your comments about the show and they may be all well and good and probably are, but I'm going with a hard pass,  because anything the scum sucking media feels I should be aware of can go piiss up a rope, lying crap they spew just drives that point more for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I can appreciate all of your comments about the show and they may be all well and good and probably are, but I'm going with a hard pass,  because anything the scum sucking media feels I should be aware of can go piiss up a rope, lying crap they spew just drives that point more for me.

I usually keep my thoughts to myself and probably should now but what the heck....    I agree with you 1000% on the media, cant stand them, can't watch it, cant listen to it, dont trust much anything they say.  And I don't watch very much of any TV.    But I gotta say, this show is pretty cool.  Yes there are some unrealistic parts (maybe most of it actually), but.... ranchers who don't take sh#t, horses, guns, tough pickup trucks, beautiful scenery, some good music.....  So who gives a dam# what the media thinks.  Why make decisions either way based on them?  I dont give them a second thought.  I will live my life the way I want to.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I can appreciate all of your comments about the show and they may be all well and good and probably are, but I'm going with a hard pass,  because anything the scum sucking media feels I should be aware of can go piiss up a rope, lying crap they spew just drives that point more for me.

Yeah  each to his own, Art....ooops      sorry , I mean Jake....:)

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, mxmagnum said:

I usually keep my thoughts to myself and probably should now but what the heck....    I agree with you 1000% on the media, cant stand them, can't watch it, cant listen to it, dont trust much anything they say.  And I don't watch very much of any TV.    But I gotta say, this show is pretty cool.  Yes there are some unrealistic parts (maybe most of it actually), but.... ranchers who don't take sh#t, horses, guns, tough pickup trucks, beautiful scenery, some good music.....  So who gives a dam# what the media thinks.  Why make decisions either way based on them?  I dont give them a second thought.  I will live my life the way I want to.   

I see you have 100 posts, with opinions like that you fit right in so make sure you get that built up quick, and I was reading on one talking head named Cuomo who could/might/will lose his job because of not playing nice about his brother the embattled ex-gov of NY, I gotta say it made me all warm and fuzzy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually think that one of the best parts of each episode is the opening introduction,  the music is , I don't  know, kinda eerie I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Wife started watching it in the evenings about the time I head up for bed. Now I am watching it and staying up too late.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you watch John Wayne movies, Beverly Hillbillies, Dukes Of Hazzard, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Yellowstone or post on Red Power Forum, to name a few distractions, there is usually something more productive you could be doing, I'm not a big TV addict but I do watch it in my vegetative states

Yellowstone is an OK show, me and my wife have watched it together and individually, the scenery and country values/ranch lifestyle is neat, it's much too dramatic and gruesome, but in comparison, the chase scenes in Smokey and The Bandit would be more gruesome and dramatic in reality than depicted, if I was to say my biggest qualm with Yellowstone or other modern shows is no end to the drama, say a 16 episode season everybody is only doing well for a .5-1.5 episode stretch at best, then there barn burns or their grandson gets kidnapped, etc., I know the Dukes was cheesy but the farm was lost and bought back in an episode or the odd time two episodes, not hopelessness, despair and murder, I know it doesn't sell in Hollywood but a depiction of a family sticking together and prospering with strong morals and work ethic would be more entertaining to me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IHKeith said:

I know it doesn't sell in Hollywood but a depiction of a family sticking together and prospering with strong morals and work ethic would be more entertaining to me

 

Sadly with tv and video games leaving nothing to the imagination. They have to keep turning up the smoke screw to get people to watch their stuff. 

My boys all like Yellow Stone, I have not seen it yet mainly because I haven't found the time. 

I am in the house tonight but have NFR Round 1 on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, IHKeith said:

If you watch John Wayne movies, Beverly Hillbillies, Dukes Of Hazzard, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Yellowstone or post on Red Power Forum, to name a few distractions, there is usually something more productive you could be doing, I'm not a big TV addict but I do watch it in my vegetative states

Yellowstone is an OK show, me and my wife have watched it together and individually, the scenery and country values/ranch lifestyle is neat, it's much too dramatic and gruesome, but in comparison, the chase scenes in Smokey and The Bandit would be more gruesome and dramatic in reality than depicted, if I was to say my biggest qualm with Yellowstone or other modern shows is no end to the drama, say a 16 episode season everybody is only doing well for a .5-1.5 episode stretch at best, then there barn burns or their grandson gets kidnapped, etc., I know the Dukes was cheesy but the farm was lost and bought back in an episode or the odd time two episodes, not hopelessness, despair and murder, I know it doesn't sell in Hollywood but a depiction of a family sticking together and prospering with strong morals and work ethic would be more entertaining to me

 

 

You tv list is like mine dr Quinn medicine woman was a good show. I liked to watch touched by an angel and all those old shows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, bkorth said:

I can't believe this has gone 2 pages and nobody has mentioned the eye candy bathing in the stock tank, she's bat$hit crazy but man she's got some, well, I'll just stop there.

Redhead enough said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, bkorth said:

I can't believe this has gone 2 pages and nobody has mentioned the eye candy bathing in the stock tank, she's bat$hit crazy but man she's got some, well, I'll just stop there.

Don't go "Beth Dutton" on us?

She is worth looking at and has a mouth that can cut boiler plate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

We just finished watching the spin off 1883.  Its just the first season of it and I have to admit I liked it just as much as Yellowstone. 

 

I've never been much of a TV watcher, but do enjoy a couple shows.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...