What does it harvest ?

Rainman

If only the flail chopper as factory equipped had a way to directly load another vehicle, they would have saved themselves all that money on the belt, caster wheel, hydraulic motors and hoses. Perhaps NH will study this example. 

• Thanks 1

Mint? 

I know to harvest mint. They chop it like you do hay. 

Our Dairy Farm is 20 Miles from Michigan State University, I went to School there, The Building at MSU were filled with Testing & weighing equipment,

The Unit in the Picture is Similar to a unit that weigh's the forage in the basket, and dumps the load of chopped material on the conveyor.

Jim Droscha

• Like 1

Yes Jim , we are only 15 minutes from UW Madison Dairy research on campus in Madison  and 30 minutes south from US Dairy Forage Research Center in rural Prairie du Sac. So that flail chopper & machine is probably used up there as they farm 2,200 acres with 400 cow  milking herd at the farm. 

Paul

I sold a Bermuda grass harvester and planter this spring and it harvests sprigs with a machine similar to that and plants with a cage type machine.