Good first aid kit.

mader656

What do you have with you this is mine. I needed part of it for the first time today...just a deep finger cut but lots of blood...this was built for less than 100 bucks and fits in a Milwaukee pack out  box 

20211012_122050.jpg

This should work fine. Rags for bandages. Ether (can sustitute brake clean) for wound cleaning or if its bad enough you can always knock yourself out. Gorilla tape for fractures. Electrical tape or super glue for wounds. If you need anything else your just being a p****.

20211124_083033.thumb.jpg.05a234b04e0ced9d33a530e6302d7037.jpg

All joking aside I do carry a pretty well stocked first aid kit in the service truck and in the shop. Kind of funny though that if I do cut myself bad enough working that I need a bandage I do always go for paper towels and electrical tape. Saving that first aid kit for the bad stuff I guess.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

From the list there are no allergies such as bee stings or blood sugar issues?  And this is for you and not others, 

add some QTips and some eye wash for when you get something in your eye.  

looks like your using this as you need it, so I would add some good medical tape and lots of gauge pads.  For emergencies I would have some large squares of cloth for slings and a space blanket

• Like 1

Cheap plastic tool box from Walmart, with stuff for small wounds, In a real emergency I wrap the wound in a clean tee-shirt a head over to the emergency room that is only 10 minutes away.  About the only thing good about living in a bee-hive is the medical support a stones through away.

16 hours ago, mader656 said:

What do you have with you this is mine. I needed part of it for the first time today...just a deep finger cut but lots of blood...this was built for less than 100 bucks and fits in a Milwaukee pack out  box 

20211012_122050.jpg

When i was in the Army I was crossed trained as a medic, ever since I have   caried a medics bag Evey thing you will ever need!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKwelder said:

From the list there are no allergies such as bee stings or blood sugar issues?  And this is for you and not others, 

add some QTips and some eye wash for when you get something in your eye.  

looks like your using this as you need it, so I would add some good medical tape and lots of gauge pads.  For emergencies I would have some large squares of cloth for slings and a space 

I had it built for primarily a stop the bleed kit...

I've added tape and a few things since...I'd like to find a epipen or similar. And it's got saline In it...

12 hours ago, IH766 said:

Maybe I missed it on there, but a large triangle bandage to make a sling etc. is always a good piece to have

Because of the out of the way places we go and the fact that in the air emergencies we can be hours away from professional care we carry a huge kit that includes prescription meds, BP, EKG, AED, satellite link, etc. But that's not the point.

On the last recurrent the woman demonstrating the things you can make out of a triangle bandage was amazing us with all the things you can do with one and how quickly she could do it. She then went on to make animal toy creatures out of the same bandage!  She'd been a pediatric nurse and cheered little kids with her skills.

I might be able to make a sling...........

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hardtail said:

I'm guessing keeping up to date on Tetanus shots is mandatory in your line of work?

Without getting into details, family history of vaccine Injury so I pass on those...I clean cuts very well. So I'm a little overdue....

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, m.c.farmerboy said:

When i was in the Army I was crossed trained as a medic, ever since I have   caried a medics bag Evey thing you will ever need!

Please elaborate. I'm interested.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KWRB said:

Please elaborate. I'm interested.

You can find them on Ebay or in an online surplus store they are very compact have suitures and clotting agents you can add or subtract these basic kits and are designed to stabilize a victim for transport some things have been removed

On 11/23/2021 at 9:10 PM, mader656 said:

20211012_122050.jpg

for your situation out in the wilds of montana I would add a helicopter ( just kidding )  if you have a bad accident its likely you will not make it to the hospital even with a kit especially if you are high in the mountains with a bad bleed or anaphylaxis. Also a space blanket for warmth and a whistle. If you are alone and cannot get out and have to lay there and wait for a rescue.  Response time is critical. I suffer from idiopathic anaphylaxis - can be brought on by many things like sudden shock to the body from extreme pain, trauma, extreme heat/cold, basically my immune system overreacts. Power bar or liquid gel/meal to get you by if you have to wait a while. 

Anything severe to the body can cause shock even if it doesnt turn to anaphylaxis.

I would add, Epipen, prednisone, benedryl and famatodine( pepcid ) for antihistamine. All it takes is a bee/wasp sting and some folks can die quickly. 

• Like 1

Besides the small first aid kit that is in the truck I also carry an emergency bandage, also known as an Israeli bandage. I learned about them in an msha class. They are a very useful bandage developed by the Israeli army that can be used as a wound dressing, tourniquete (sp), or a sling. They can be purchased reasonably on Amazon and are a good addition to any first aid kit. There are also videos on YouTube showing how to properly use them.

I carry quick clot and tornaquits I just hope I never have to use them...

I try not to work outside cell service. And I won't be taking a huge job by myself anymore...

• Like 1