Tractor of the week # 33 4156

INTERNATIONAL 1466

19 hours ago, db1486 said:

Was there no red 4156? I'm fairly certain a guy not far away from here had one. I know most were yellow but I always recall his being red. Unless it was repainted?

No 4156's Red .When the red was used , a lot of the yellow became red as most thought they looked better. There's a 4100  not too far from me that is still red. Family tractor.

The 4100 -56 used a hyd. lift draw bar. Optional.   3 pt was added when 4166 came out. A semi mount # 700 plow was built with a hitch that only worked on a 4100-56.Cabs may have kept the cold wind out but it kept the engine noise and heat in.

8 minutes ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

The 4100 -56 used a hyd. lift draw bar. Optional.   3 pt was added when 4166 came out. A semi mount # 700 plow was built with a hitch that only worked on a 4100-56.Cabs may have kept the cold wind out but it kept the engine noise and heat in.

4100s had the option of a 3 point.  I think maybe even the 4300 did.  

We're any of the 41 series ever available without a cab? The only ones I've seen without are restored ones that have had the cab removed. I always wonder that when I'm running our 4166 and watching the cab rattle away lol

1 hour ago, db1486 said:

We're any of the 41 series ever available without a cab? The only ones I've seen without are restored ones that have had the cab removed. I always wonder that when I'm running our 4166 and watching the cab rattle away lol

I saw a advertisement picture of a 4100 without a cab so I’m fairly certain on that model. I saw a 4166 without a cab but who knows if it came off it’s first 30 years. If someone did take it off that one they did a real good job, it was neat and clean like it would have been factory 

17 hours ago, edwardporter1 said:

I bought a 4100 from Ed Leaman probably 25 years ago. It came from Mt.  Restored it then sold it to a fellow in La.  Tractor had 3000 hrs and an ice box cab.  Hyd drawbar and 26 tires . 

4100.jpg

4100 (4).jpg

Was just thinking of you Mr. Porter, and now that you are talking tractors. There is a 4156 setting here at our place that would like to go back closer to the rocky mountains. Would look real good on the Meteetsie hills! And would be a great project for you this winter! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! call me some time.

ed

I seen 4166 years ago locally that had a blade installed for a custom chopper guy when pits became popular.Also a neighbor had a 4166 that was very nice, she'd kept that the  father bought,died and son sold the farm  I don't know if tractor was sold or just moved.

Archived