One less 544

ny bill o

Neighbors nice 544D burned up yesterday when his shop burned to the ground. Tires and grille are gone. It was a nice tractor.

• Sad 12

Dang it, sad to hear about the burn down...something that i always worry about here.

• Like 2

Someone rebuilt an entire 886 that burned to the ground there is probably more of the 544 left than that 886. Our neighbors 1086 lives on in our 986 fwa and our 3388 2+2 the 986 got herself a good motor and the 3388 got a rear transmission. I still miss our third 986 that we lost in a fire around 2010 or so.

14 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Was probably a gold demo too.....😞

No, I had checked the serial # right after he bought it.

But I was a little jealous over the tractor anyway. He got a h*** of a buy on it at a consignment sale. I redid the brakes on it for Paul several years ago.

Never any good. I came home one day to see my neighbor's 1486 burned to a crisp. I can't imagine having my shop burn and trying to replace a lifetime collection of tools, equipment, and whatever parked in addition to my TF, Commando, and Triumph.

My condolences for your neighbor's loss. 

Buddy of ours burned his shop Friday morning. Got lucky that equipment wise there was only a old square baler inside. But tools are gone. Burnt the roof off as well as the South end. Got 3 walls still. 

51 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Buddy of ours burned his shop Friday morning. Got lucky that equipment wise there was only a old square baler inside. But tools are gone. Burnt the roof off as well as the South end. Got 3 walls still. 

Cause?

14 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Cause?

Haven't heard yet 

Friends shop burned a week ago. Most hand tools made it through although a lot of miscalaneous(sp) big tools and parts are toast. Quonset type building sky lights gone. Steamer and collector tractors in attached shed not damaged.

Fire chief thought it could have started from Battery powered tool charger plugged in without a battery being charged. 

On 11/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, ny bill o said:

544D burned up yesterday

Sorry to hear.  Love my 544 gas.  Put the grain cart away for the winter with it because it makes backing up equipment so nice & easy.

I knew of a 26 series that burned and they had the fire dept put a thermo scanner on it out of curiosity.  It went to the salvage yard because total loss.  Some you wish that you could rebuild…