Old M vs the new WD-45

planejeff

2 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Not to be a smart ass but you should have asked Gerald how did you mow hay with a WD-9 or JD 830?  Our first N type tractor was our 240.  We didn’t have any fast hitch equipment except for a drawbar.  We mounted a sickle mower to it and also raked hay.  Later on we mounted a post hole digger on it.  Those jobs are kinda hard to do with a big wheatland tractor. 

He claimed that all of his implements had drawbars...   I wonder what I would find if I went to visit though. haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Not to be a smart ass but you should have asked Gerald how did you mow hay with a WD-9 or JD 830?  Our first N type tractor was our 240.  We didn’t have any fast hitch equipment except for a drawbar.  We mounted a sickle mower to it and also raked hay.  Later on we mounted a post hole digger on it.  Those jobs are kinda hard to do with a big wheatland tractor. 

for the record I think you are a very knowledgeable guy but I have a hard time putting an age on you because I feel your opinions are that of a Steiger driver not a guy thats been around old tractors when they were still used. Not that age makes an opinion right or wrong  but it changes one's perspective

I don't know why anyone would want to cut hay with a W9🙃once again comparing apples to oranges. of coarse a 240 would be better for that job as a rule. But that's like saying your Steiger  is no good for cleaning the barnyard.

In the 40s and 50s Letter Series were normally a farmers first tractor and not everyone bought into 3 pth. I missed out on a Allied sales manual/brochure on Ebay that was filled with aftermarket mounted equipment for Letter Series - keep the mindset of a farmer 70 years ago if you want to be fair

IH made 1000s upon 1000s of semi mount hay mowers that could be adapted to any tractor of any brand  with the brackets that came with them. The mowers hooked up with two 3/4 " bolts and also had an optional hydraulic lift. They were so common I remember as a kid the partsman at our local dealer knew the part number of the belt without looking it up ( it was about a 1" belt and I don't think they were prone to premature failure) 

There were different model numbers and fast hitch versions later as well. The Canadian model number my Dad wore out was a 21u

I attached the instructions of the W9 mounts. Also in the operators manual is instructions for W4,W6,C,F-12,F-14F-20,F-30,A,B.BN,H,M,, They sold a lot of them . still turn up 

JD-A,B,G,H,

AC-B,C,RC.WC,WD,UC,

Case-,D,DC,RC,S,VA,VAC,VC,

Ford/Ferguson

MH-101,101JR,20,22,30,44

MM-R,U,Z,

Oliver-70,66,77,88,

Cockshutt -30

21u2.jpg

21u.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Well now we know how many times you clicked submit lol

1 more than the edit! I have been having trouble uploading and usually it just won't load.this time it loaded but did not show any indications it actually loaded until the last one Sorry again guys🙈

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, hillman said:

1 more than the edit! I have been having trouble uploading and usually it just won't load.this time it loaded but did not show any indications it actually loaded until the last one Sorry again guys🙈

I was just pickin... sitting there over lunch and thought “man somethings fired up over there if it turned to ‘hot!!’ In the box”

it made me chuckle with your comments afterwards 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I was just pickin... sitting there over lunch and thought “man somethings fired up over there if it turned to ‘hot!!’ In the box”

it made me chuckle with your comments afterwards 😀

🤓glad you and I could have a chuckle at ME🤡👍