Turbo 5130 maxxum

IH686neuss

Done many of them years ago, even easier today as parts yards have more 51-5240 tractors than back in early 90's when people were buying. Just buy everything from a 40 and bolt it on, set pump up a bit, should end up around 115-120 hp. Would advise checking / adjusting regulated pressure to spec. might save ya some headaches. If regulated is running a little low and you throw a turbo at it possibly and tie her down you could end up rebuilding power shift, shuttle or pto. 

I was wondering if that was a good way to do it. Might have to look into that.  About 20 more hp would be perfect. A different tractor is kinda out of the budget at the moment. Its has just under 4000 hrs so its got alot of life left 

I did one a few years ago and it worked out great but the 30’s have a CAV pump and full fueled I could only get 120 hp out of it , they are a great motor and it will run just fine at 300 hp if you could get the fuel to it , not sure how the Maxxum would handle it 😳 if you ever wanted more you would need to change out the front cover so you could put the inline Bosch pump on it . There are two of them near me that I set up to 165 on 5240’s and bumped up the rpms for filling silo , both of these tractors are well part 10,000 hrs .

Danny