1566 Black Stripe Questions

706German

48 minutes ago, Vanstractors said:

Obviously i,m biased toward the Blackstripe Family !The 15 i,m working on now was sold to me as runs great ,But like most 15,s it too was rode hard and put away wet !Air Filter full of dirt ,Radiator stopped up with dirt discovered worn bearings burnt pistons .Have to at their age just plan on worst case when you buy them unless you know some history .I like all the 66,s just like the Stripe Family a little better !

1566.jpg

1566-2.jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (76).jpg

thumbnail (80).jpg

thumbnail (82).jpg

thumbnail (84).jpg

thumbnail (78).jpg

thumbnail (81).jpg

Them some nice tractors.

5 hours ago, B.B. said:

Yes the tri stripe where they added the red stripe looks silly to me :)

I always liked the tri-stripe better faster hydraulics, better steps, decals similar to our 2+2s, one piece front bolster. Not that I don't like our white panel 986 but to me our tri-stripe is easier on the eyes. But to each their own. Although I have been spoiled by our tri-stripe 986 which has FWA, diff lock, non-functioning AC, am fm IH radio, air ride seat and a 2350 loader while our white panel is a bare bones model two remotes, air ride seat (added later on both tractors), and a radio which also was added later at least the tractor was equipped with a cab though. 

• Like 1

I humbly apologize to anyone I offended by offering an opinion on tractor styling.   

No harm was meant in any of my posts but at the end of the day I'm always open to discussing tractors no matter where the other person lands on what they like.   

• Like 2

I think $8200 or 9400 was a very fair price.  Would bring a lot more here in NY. I didn’t think it looked rough at all.

Only one Black Stripe here.  It seems to have 1-190hp less than the others judging by how it wasn’t ever hitched to anything again this year (luckily…because if it comes out of the pole barn, that means something else is in need of repair) Had to move it out of its spot in the corner yesterday though to put stuff away, snapped this pic of the hood.  

D0C8CAE7-EFBD-44F9-9902-15CDE7F28D2E.jpeg

46DD0961-CAA0-4AE4-99F2-4587D9C38D7B.jpeg

7282AB7B-0132-401A-830B-89C9B8483466.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:32 AM, B.B. said:

I humbly apologize to anyone I offended by offering an opinion on tractor styling.   

No harm was meant in any of my posts but at the end of the day I'm always open to discussing tractors no matter where the other person lands on what they like.   

Hey, I think I started it with my "I don't like them" post!   Not your fault man!  Just cause I think it looks like somebody took an axe to the tractor hood lines (I mean look at that picture above with all those beauties and that one ugly duckling), doesn't mean anybody else has to agree!  And I agree, Tractors are cool, keep the pictures coming, (even if they are black stripe....)😁

• Haha 1