AFX rotor need advice

Harvester66

I would like to install AFX style rotor in my 1688, wondering how late of model combine will fit. I found a 7130 in a salvage yard they are not sure if it will fit it isn’t out yet so can’t compare. They did say coupler on the back is 8 bolt instead of 6, but if splines are the same it doesn’t matter. I have also thought about Abilene machine after market bolt in kit.

I had a standard rotor in a 1680. The elephant ears were cracking off where they fastened to to rotor. I found a afx out of a 2388 that was salvaged. I didnt care for it. Its hard to not spit kernels out the rotor in corn. I dont see the threshing advantage in beans either. A hard time threshing all the pods.  I agree that it doesn't rumble. Your in trouble before you know it 

I think Id stick with a standard rotor. (Im sure I will get bashed for saying that)

2 hours ago, tractorholic said:

I had a standard rotor in a 1680. The elephant ears were cracking off where they fastened to to rotor. I found a afx out of a 2388 that was salvaged. I didnt care for it. Its hard to not spit kernels out the rotor in corn. I dont see the threshing advantage in beans either. A hard time threshing all the pods.  I agree that it doesn't rumble. Your in trouble before you know it 

I think Id stick with a standard rotor. (Im sure I will get bashed for saying that)

Totally agree with what he said 👍 

Jus put the kile flights on your Standard Rotor, Rebuild your threshing area, new vanes, rotor bars etc.  It will perform fine.

Your not missing a thing by not having an AFX......well except throwing corn out the back.

It's a Rice Rotor! Not a corn Rotor