Shark vacuum?

vtfireman85

My wife wants a cordless vacuum cleaner, something quick and easy, we have a Dyson canister vacuum and it’s great, but with our dog and we are “shoes on” house. Looking at the shark cordless pet pro, we had a robot vacuum, but… well… i killed it🤭,

any input appreciated. 

Every time I buy a tractor, my wife gets a new vacuum. It's a deal we have.

Years ago she had a Dyson canister. She tried a Dyson cordless once and it was game over. She's had a few of them now. She vacuums A LOT and they're as durable and well built as they are fancy and high performance. I'm not as passionate about house cleaning as she is, but they're worth the premium in my opinion.

I type this as the cat sleeps in my lap and three dogs are asleep on the couch.

So there's one data point. They might even paint them red for you!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Every time I buy a tractor, my wife gets a new vacuum. It's a deal we have.

Years ago she had a Dyson canister. She tried a Dyson cordless once and it was game over. She's had a few of them now. She vacuums A LOT and they're as durable and well built as they are fancy and high performance. I'm not as passionate about house cleaning as she is, but they're worth the premium in my opinion.

I type this as the cat sleeps in my lap and three dogs are asleep on the couch.

So there's one data point. They might even paint them red for you!

The one im looking at is red! 
she looses a whole coat every day… buying dog food is like green bananas these days, but we love her. 

image.jpg

my wife cleans houses - the sharks she uses at customers homes she says are good she likes them but they are mostly corded - she has a couple that have the cordless and she gets about 1.5 rooms out of them thats it. She doesnt recommend a cordless no matter which brand. 

• Thanks 1

Shark corded here and it's the best I've ever used.

With the battery advances cordless may be good, especially for spot pickup duty. The Shark brand corded certainly performs well. What does Consumers Report say about them?

29 minutes ago, New Englander said:

What does Consumers Report say about them?

I never look at consumer reports, if I had I would never hav bought most of the stuff I love, maybe they are great for vacuums, etc, but they got nothing nice to say about the Jeep Wrangler or the Toyota 4Runner, so I figure we must be on a different page, looking at different things.

11 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I never look at consumer reports, if I had I would never hav bought most of the stuff I love, maybe they are great for vacuums, etc, but they got nothing nice to say about the Jeep Wrangler or the Toyota 4Runner, so I figure we must be on a different page, looking at different things.

I totally agree when it comes to vehicles. They have nothing good to say about any of my vehicles either and seem more driven by ideology. They don't seem to like my pickups or my wife's Yukons yet they just soldier on for us.

When it comes to home appliances I put more faith in their opinions. If they say a toaster works better than another they're probably right.

Having owned a Wrangler I can see how they would not say good things about them. For me though, when a radiator or starter or fuel pump, etc would go bad it was cheap and easy to replace and just normal maintenance to me but to someone who takes it to their dealer it's a different story. If any of the above items go bad in your Jeep it's no big deal but Consumers gets their data from folks who can't fix their own stuff.

• Like 1

My wife has a Shark cordless. Her two long hair cats produce enough fluff for her to go into the pillow business. She also uses it for cleaning up around the litter box, It works as good or better than any cordless I have used. Buy it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

When it comes to home appliances I put more faith in their opinions. If they say a toaster works better than another they're probably right.

I normally would say that you are correct, but my BIL and sister bought the CR's highest-rated coffee maker about 10 years ago.  What a piece of crap!  It literally would take 20-30 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee.  It got so bad that when our coffee-drinking family would get together, they would begin brewing coffee ahead of time and keep a pot or two in vacuum pot before we all arrived just so everybody would get at least a full cup.  Yeah...real great buy.

America's Test Kitchen has the best kitchen appliance reviews, in my opinion.  Leave to your fellow, thorough New Englanders.

I totally agree about CR and their vehicle opinions.  I have come to loathe that organization over the years.  Back when I paid attention to them, it seemed like they obsessed about minutia and glossed over important things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

America's Test Kitchen

Thanks! We're presently in the market for a coffee maker ourselves. The one we have at one time worked at an acceptable rate but has slowed to a crawl and no cleaning attempts have sped it up, at least not their recommended method.

I wonder if CLR might work?

Consumers did recommend the Shark vacuum, so I can't fault their judgement on that.

Both my brother and I bought Moccamaster Technivorm makers based on American Test Kitchen's test.  It easily brews the best coffee I ever made.  The maker is so simple that it could be repaired by a do-it-yourselfer.  https://us.moccamaster.com/ 

33 minutes ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

Both my brother and I bought Moccamaster Technivorm makers based on American Test Kitchen's test.  It easily brews the best coffee I ever made.  The maker is so simple that it could be repaired by a do-it-yourselfer.  https://us.moccamaster.com/ 

Wow! They sure are proud of them!

Wife just bought the new improved SHARK corded vacuum,  we've got three dogs, two larger ones, Mini Austrailian Sheppards, shed quite a bit, the little mini-St Bernard ( AKA Shi-Tzu) doesn't shed much,  and that vacuum cleans better than anything we've had, including the industrial duty Royal vacuum like hotels and motels use.

There's some things Cordless makes sense, I'm not sure a vacuum cleaner is one of those things. You turn it on and run it 5-10 minutes. The corded vac and cordless vac are same size & weight. The new Shark corded vac has a nice long cord too, can do 2-3 rooms before moving to a different outlet.  And the vacuum is built strong too, much heavier than our old fragile Sharks.

7 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

I normally would say that you are correct, but my BIL and sister bought the CR's highest-rated coffee maker about 10 years ago.  What a piece of crap!  It literally would take 20-30 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee.  It got so bad that when our coffee-drinking family would get together, they would begin brewing coffee ahead of time and keep a pot or two in vacuum pot before we all arrived just so everybody would get at least a full cup.  Yeah...real great buy.

America's Test Kitchen has the best kitchen appliance reviews, in my opinion.  Leave to your fellow, thorough New Englanders.

I totally agree about CR and their vehicle opinions.  I have come to loathe that organization over the years.  Back when I paid attention to them, it seemed like they obsessed about minutia and glossed over important things.

I think the best way to judge what Consumer Reports has to say about ANY 'test' conducted by them, is to take their ratings with a whole bag of salt.

The way their 'stories' are written are an insult to anyone with intelligence, which appear to be written in a "Dick and Jane" style, to appeal to a typical cidiot.  And, you cannot help but notice that everyone associated with their magazine is either a 'professional', or a CR 'expert'.

Take their 'ratings' and do the opposite.

• Like 1