Ok! ENOUGH with the #%@$&!% leaves!

vtfireman85

5 gallons of gas through the blower this weekend and umpteen trips with my 9’ bedliner leaf wagon. And look! Its still half foliated!!! 🤬

0ADF7CB9-D1BB-404B-88E2-409142B97CF3.jpeg

845E2049-D0FF-470C-B9F5-95471F812CD1.jpeg

5E9C3892-F20B-498D-BA4F-5195EF7C7F34.jpeg

174DC576-6D25-45FF-85B0-FC83C55C365F.jpeg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

Seth you must have one heck of a leaf blower. Blew down the trees and all. 

We have a mutual beneficial relationship, i give it a work out.. it gives me One. 

Two dump truck loads here and more to go. We pick them up with a Scag Cougar which chops them up pretty fine into the bin. Out of the mower, into the loader bucket, into the truck, repeat as necessary. What a pain! We've six big maple trees in the yard that are maybe half empty. This year produced a bumper crop of seeds; we call them helicopters for the way they auto rotate down. Wind takes them a couple hundred feet to the pool where they get picked up by the skimmer as they'll float for a few hours before they sink.

I finally got smart and put shields on all the gutters.

Going to rain heavy for the next few days so hopefully the rest will come down for one final pickup next weekend.

• Like 1

I’ve had a couple rounds with the leaves so far  figure this weeks rain will knock down most of the rest of the maple leaves  they get composted up in the crap pile. Then usually after all the maples are done and picked up the Oak leaves come down  then they just get picked up and dumped over a bank too acidic for the garden. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

Two dump truck loads here and more to go. We pick them up with a Scag Cougar which chops them up pretty fine into the bin. Out of the mower, into the loader bucket, into the truck, repeat as necessary. What a pain! We've six big maple trees in the yard that are maybe half empty. This year produced a bumper crop of seeds; we call them helicopters for the way they auto rotate down. Wind takes them a couple hundred feet to the pool where they get picked up by the skimmer as they'll float for a few hours before they sink.

I finally got smart and put shields on all the gutters.

Going to rain heavy for the next few days so hopefully the rest will come down for one final pickup next weekend.

I have shields on my gutters but apparently the wrong ones.

Mine stop the leaves but the stems fall trough and break off, plugging the down spouts.

I thought, problem solved, but I was slapped along side the head again.

A person just can't win?

Oh, the joys of living in the woods! I need to get one of those golf ball pickers for the black walnuts in my backyard. Had a bumper crop this year. I would cut down the walnuts in the yard, but after losing all the ash trees I would have no trees. I was just thinking yesterday of thinking of coming up a plan to start replacing the ones I lost and a few select walnuts.

I mostly just mulch all the leaves into the yard with the mower.

7 minutes ago, CC_Ranger said:

Oh, the joys of living in the woods! I need to get one of those golf ball pickers for the black walnuts in my backyard. Had a bumper crop this year. I would cut down the walnuts in the yard, but after losing all the ash trees I would have no trees. I was just thinking yesterday of thinking of coming up a plan to start replacing the ones I lost and a few select walnuts.

That's what I do . Put a set of mulching blades on and cover the discharge chute and go for it. Does a good job.

1 hour ago, CC_Ranger said:

Yeah, I do that on a couple of acres that are our road frontage. Bat wing finish mower chops the oak leaves that fall on that area pretty well. Oak leaves are tough! The underside of those mower decks will be nice and clean after chopping up oak leaves.

Lawn around house looks a lot better if the leaves are picked up.

• Like 1

Good thing you don’t live in California . I read an article saying they passed a law outlawing gas lawn mowers and leaf blowers. One person quoted said it’s good exercise to rake your leaves.

I mow mine too. Although my maples and oaks are still pretty young so the leaf drop isn’t terrible yet.

17 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

One person quoted said it’s good exercise to rake your leaves.

They have a postage stamp for a lawn. 

19 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Good thing you don’t live in California . I read an article saying they passed a law outlawing gas lawn mowers and leaf blowers

I bought the blower I did specifically because it was outlawed in areas of California, vermont, Oregon and some others, mostly individual cities due to noise pollution and fuel consumption. In other words its one bad chicken. As of last fall it was the biggest backpack blower on the market. I have to say I wear earplugs and earmuffs.. its effin  loud.