2 inch pvc pipe drain plugged

pt756

Flush from down stream if you can, some places rent waterjetters, which are pulsing and eat it out.  We have also used a length of PEX with water and flushed it from downstream 

This would be a cheap, easy fix.  I use one occasionally.  Works well on most plugs.

Hook it up to a garden hose and pressurize the upstream side.  Put it in the pipe just far enough that the bladder will seal against the sides of the pipe when it inflates, turn the water on, and let it go.  No downside that I'm aware of.

Make sure you get one for 2" pipe.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/UAz1E.jpg

• Thanks 1

thanks for replies, the problem we have is that every 8 feet there is a tee that lets the water up into the 10 inch pipe for the cows to drink and if there isnt a tee then there is an elbow at one end to allow it to be drainedm when we rebuilt the barn after the fire 25 years ago, we wanted to get away from drinking cups back then, so these gravity water systems were used in a stall barn, was probably the same in some of the older free stall barns back then, we have very little trouble overall, just an occasional hudson bottle float, but there is this one section where the pipe goes under the holding area, i am thinking there is a buildup, thanks

If these fittings are pressure fittings instead of drainage you will have a tough time getting a snake or jetter around the turn. Drainage or DWV fittings have a radius to them. Pressure fittings have a sharp 90 turn. The drain king pictured above may actually work. I don’t have much use for them on drains because unless you know there is no branch off of the line between it and the clog, you can be just pushing water up the branch which can cause problems. 

10 hours ago, Steve C. said:

This would be a cheap, easy fix.  I use one occasionally.  Works well on most plugs.

Hook it up to a garden hose and pressurize the upstream side.  Put it in the pipe just far enough that the bladder will seal against the sides of the pipe when it inflates, turn the water on, and let it go.  No downside that I'm aware of.

Make sure you get one for 2" pipe.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/UAz1E.jpg

We used to use one like that in the milk barn