Jump to content

Truck door art


junkandcattle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone still have trucks and pickups with the farm art on the doors ? Growing up you rarely saw a pickup or ton truck that didn't have livestock and the farm name on it. At the very least an ornate version of the Mr and Mrs,   Now we have dozens of truck go by everyday with nothing on them. Is it because they don't keep them around and trade frequently ? I miss seeing them and if I had something besides the rust bucket gut wagon I might add a black cow to the exterior.

Pics anyone ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a 68 C10 as a parts truck and it has a barely distinguishable appaloosa farms sign on the doors 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lettered by Harvey Martin......like 90% of the grain trucks in this area in the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

Stars were his "call sign"

Orange red white truck was factory IH....a rare paint scheme on an S Series.  Orange stripe was partially painted over to cover up previous door lettering, you can see the original width on back of cab.

20201010_115951.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Lettered by Harvey Martin......like 90% of the grain trucks in this area in the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

Stars were his "call sign"

Orange red white truck was factory IH....a rare paint scheme on an S Series.  Orange stripe was partially painted over to cover up previous door lettering, you can see the original width on back of cab.

20201010_115951.jpg

You related to Stan? Met him years ago thru farm bureau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just does not seem the thing to do. Out here a most of the big incorporate farms did. Hardly any family farms did here.

A 120,000 acre outfit last I looked them up, expanded into wine/grapes. Has put together 1000 acres of producing grapes part of it surrounding me. Two vehicles out 20 to 40 are marked. The one came with the winery they bought. The other is a 2 ton flatbed from the almond part of the organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BoilerRed said:

With the relatively easy availability of wraps you'd think they'd be all over the place.  Time to sell or trade?  Just peel and send it down the road.

even some dot regs , it is/was an insurance thing, they told us, esp fraud types,target what could be perceived ad budget, deep ins pockets.

last business did have fully logo ed (wrap) as +- 100% write off  until lease was up then it simply unwrapped and detailed away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jass1660 said:

You related to Stan? Met him years ago thru farm bureau.

Not directly,  if so very very distant.   Lots of Bluniers around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here in west central Texas about the only ag related pickups and trucks that have anything on the doors are the big ranches that have their brands painted on. For instance the 6666's, Pitchfork, Foster and Masterson ranches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the big grain trucks have Farm (or owner name ) on the door with various forms of artwork. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trucking company I drove for in the early & mid-1980's had round decals, white, black, and a little red with the name and ICC number printed on it. They bought several hundred at a time, tractors & straight trucks got two, one on each door, semi-trailers got 2, frt & back, the shop trucks even had them.  Something that's cheaper by the several Hundreds.

        Dad never lettered a pickup with "So-and-So, and SON"  He always had his name lettered onto the driver's door and my name lettered onto the passenger door.  And by about 1969 when he got the '67 F-250 lettering pickups seldom done. I bought my first pickup in 1978, and never even thought about lettering one.

       

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

,,,not in the 'farm '  catagory......but a bit of truck ''art'' none the less...Picture been on here before

the ''W"" on the buzzards  shirt , represents the "Westpac Bank :  symbol    ...the bloke that painted that, even made the  ''shirt''  slightly   ''off white''...in other words ....a bit grubby.....as befitted the banks treatment  of the peasants...

Mike

...and BTW     the truck is a Mack....the greatest  name in  American trucks ,.....:wub:

post-157-1202931059.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mike newman said:

,,,not in the 'farm '  catagory......but a bit of truck ''art'' none the less...Picture been on here before

the ''W"" on the buzzards  shirt , represents the "Westpac Bank :  symbol    ...the bloke that painted that, even made the  ''shirt''  slightly   ''off white''...in other words ....a bit grubby.....as befitted the banks treatment  of the peasants...

Mike

...and BTW     the truck is a Mack....the greatest  name in  American trucks ,.....:wub:

post-157-1202931059.jpg

Hey!!! Michael Newman!!!!!  That’s you mike!!!!

I remember the old buzzard,

“patience my azz,

I’m going down and kill something”.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSCF0010.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSCF0007.thumb.JPG.3c3814f7fb0a99b859bfd185d85bd163.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1988   S1900

DSCF0012.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1965    1500

DSCF0003.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSCF0002.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a matter of fact... I just took these pictures a couple days ago. I thought this was really neat. Still in the area from the dealer it served; about 5 miles away. Headed to the scrapyard, so I took a picture before it's gone. 

20211019_163604.jpg

20211019_163540.jpg

20211019_163608.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RBootsMI said:

As a matter of fact... I just took these pictures a couple days ago. I thought this was really neat. Still in the area from the dealer it served; about 5 miles away. Headed to the scrapyard, so I took a picture before it's gone. 

20211019_163604.jpg

20211019_163540.jpg

20211019_163608.jpg

Don’t scrap it!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...