No stickers.......

dads706

Had a few minutes to kill so I took a quick spin through the local dealer. He had 4... yes 4 pickups. Usually 40. What I found interesting was that all the price info that is usually in the window had been removed. Has anybody see this before, or is it just this dealer? 

ps: I've dealt with this dealer before and the prices were always there.

Maybe the prices have climbed enough that they didn't have enough ink to write the price ? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, acem said:

If you have to ask what it cost, you can't afford it!!!

Exactly what I was going to type. LOL

• Like 1

Local Ford Dodge dealer is starting to see inventory come back up but still less than half of normal.

Will have to check on window stickers.

Haven't been in the market so haven't noticed.

13 hours ago, acem said:

If you have to ask what it cost, you can't afford it!!!

Its like looking at farm equipment adds. When instead of the price. It says call. You know it's big money 

• Like 1

Some dealers are adding to the price of vehicles and blocking out the MSRP on the window sticker. I've seen it called various things, market correction, market adjustment, etc. Basically short supply and they can't get enough vehicles to make sales goals to get manufacturer bonuses. So they have to raise the price to offset the money they won't be receiving from the manufacturer to cover bills

Yeah, I figured it was so the could charge whatever they could get. These had no stickers of any kind in the windows. No option info, nothing. With no info of any kind in the windows, you are forced to come in and talk to a salesman.

1 hour ago, 885 said:

Some dealers are adding to the price of vehicles and blocking out the MSRP on the window sticker. I've seen it called various things, market correction, market adjustment, etc. Basically short supply and they can't get enough vehicles to make sales goals to get manufacturer bonuses. So they have to raise the price to offset the money they won't be receiving from the manufacturer to cover bills

Sold a car to a new car dealer last week, on the lot next to the entrance was a new SUV with the MSRP for around 40k. Next to that was a new sticker that mentioned new market price.  If i remember 12k was added so it was 52k. Those same stickers were all over the new cars there.

9 minutes ago, MoeSzyslak said:

Sold a car to a new car dealer last week, on the lot next to the entrance was a new SUV with the MSRP for around 40k. Next to that was a new sticker that mentioned new market price.  If i remember 12k was added so it was 52k. Those same stickers were all over the new cars there.

Wow that's really high. Around here we are seeing 1 to 2k. 

The wife was thinking of trading her '17 Chev High Country for a new one since you hear about how hot the used market is. I called my dealer who I've dealt with for 40 years. Told the salesman (who I didn't know) I had a '17 High Country, just turned 15k on the odometer, white pearl paint, has never had a snowflake touch it, sits in the garage from Halloween till April, $2500 rollup bed cover etc..... what can ya do for me........

....... he said if he could find a new one it would be (thank goodness I was sitting down) probably 30k difference.

Nope, she is very happy with the one she has. I was considering  trading if he had said 10, but no way in he** at 30.

No sticker = no sticker shock. Looked at a plain jane 2017 F-250 yesterday 8' bed extended cab 6.2 engine 57,000 miles $39,000. Wouldn't come off a nickel. Best she could do was put different running boards on it. Couldn't even talk her into a light plug in the bed. I'll just keep my old F250, winter is coming anyway. 

Body shop manager at local Mopar dealer I work part time for said they had a virtural meeting with district people. Chrysler believes things will open up second quarter next year. Girl at Ford dealer said they got some chips and are clearing out a lot the trucks at Kentucky Speedway. Hopefully this will help.