Grandson got his first buck

sandhiller

South Dakota Whitetail I believe 😊

IMG_20211020_211924.thumb.jpg.d1a428629e02368a677de8cd55225cb3.jpg

He is not quite ready for the Remmy model 7 youth in .243 his dad shot his first buck with 

But I have it waiting for him when he is 😃

• Like 17
  • Haha 6

Years ago when I shot my first buck age 13 I wanted to get it mounted an old timer told me son never get your first deer mounted and he explaned why

He said you and I both know thats a small 6 pointer and if you have it mounted it will always be a be a SMALL 6 pointer

BUT if you  don't mount it in a few months it will get to be a big 6 pointer and in a few years it will become a 8 pointer and by the time your my age it could be come a 12 pointer

Good looking grandson I wonder what he will be seeing when he gets to our age sure hope the world is a better place by then!

20 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

If you can make a paper template of the tooth would be best as I recall you had a drawing of it in your post but can't find it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Hope he doesn't grow up to be this guy😂

246447515_1642975722760664_3296560544640583759_n.jpg.328ea36cb7a10c8f13bfa03be933c282.jpg

....a gentle   ''new age ''   bloke ???      ...he might even use one of your  'plastic chamber pots''.....then a quick polish of the ol' freckle on the 'bidet'

....damn    right you don't want that little  bloke to   grow up like that.....

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....a gentle   ''new age ''   bloke ???      ...he might even use one of your  'plastic chamber pots''.....then a quick polish of the ol' freckle on the 'bidet'

....damn    right you don't want that little  bloke to   grow up like that.....

Mike

No worries there Mike.

He will be raised right.

He will be the next generation of young men who love this country and will fight for the God given freedoms afforded us.

• Like 3