Hello from Alaska(500 dozer Qs)

Twolines

Also looking for a good carb rebuild kit.. thanks for any info.

1 hour ago, Twolines said:

Just ordered a set of manuals from ebay...." 500c gas crawler" from peacefulcreekauctions...hope they are the right ones. Anyone know of a better source than ebay?

Peaceful creek has a great satisfaction rating, sometimes the sets save even more money, my inventory shows genuine IH operator manual for 500C one fair one good, not sure if it covers both gas and diesel as they are always a challenge to locate

• Thanks 1

Hardtail do u have a listing on ebay then? If so can u post a link?

https://peaceful-creek.myshopify.com/products/international-500-c-e-crawler-tractor-backhoe-hydraulic-testing-service-manual?rq=tr_international-farmall~uy_crawler~md_500-series-

Peaceful Creek only lists this one for 500C but he has run full sets for others before if you contact them, just because it's not listed doesn't mean he can't supply them, hence the great customer satisfaction as well as his prices.

I have no ebay listing just boxes and boxes in the shop🤔

I bought his last set for the gas version...at least it said gas...today. 

• Like 1

Any idea if his are comparable quality to originals? Also still havnt nailed down a carb kit.

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

If they caught you playing in stream like that around my camp in Maine you be in big trouble 

1000 foot set back on all rivers and tributaries no through the water crossings allowed.

post-157-1160192324  td24.jpg

.....this followed   the  1976 flood in our local area.......the creek blocked up with some 'aid' from forestry   logging detritus....rushed through our shed   complex   and   created a helluva mess.....including   'drowning ''   a near new  6/354    Perkins      powered     M F dozer....which had an '' incision '' on the    powershift   trans ...opened up ,  thus the liquid mud and stuff   entered    the trans...  

The old TD was brought out of retirement, by one of the local contractors.....

Today the rules ''down under''    are similar   to   Maine's.... River work  has become very difficult, to get sanction from  the local councils.....despite the never ending  erosion caused by  our many braided rivers....''They"'    blame   ""Climate Change "".....whatever that may be.....but in reality, it is simply the on going  erosion of the high country... the endless cycle of   freezing  ...warming   etc    thus rock is continually   rumbling down hill into the water ways.....and ending up on the plains...thousands of tons   each year.....always lifting the river bed   ...and widening the river bed.....

Mike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

If they caught you playing in stream like that around my camp in Maine you be in big trouble 

1000 foot set back on all rivers and tributaries no through the water crossings allowed.

post-157-1160192324  td24.jpg

I 'luv' that picture, but I love pictures of, or the increasingly rare sight of any large  dozer with a CCU on the back, therefore this picture, with its logging winch, instead of a CCU/PCU, loses 1/2 point, making it a 9.5 out of 10.

Manuals showed up today, peacful creek has done me right!

• Like 1

Ok, been reading through my manuals and im realizing they are for a slighty later model series. No worries, still a great amount of useable material. I did notice that theres not a lot of info to help me identify whats inside my gear box. There is a 5 range shifter with reverse, a reverser lever, a pedal on the right and a pedal on the left. How do i tell if theres a torque converter in there or not?..

Please dont say take it apart...lol

Pretty sure its a 1968. 

• 5 months later...

Need some help determining what carb i have. I know its a zenith. There is a brass tag and on it there are two numbers. 392425 91 and 3056. The 392425?91 number, where i put the ? mark is scuffed off. Is this supposed to be an R? Also been looking at steiner tractor and cant locate a kit that has either number i listed referenced. 

Thanks for responding. I have some similar post on a thread in construction equipment...thought it might get attention here as they used this carb on a few other machines. 

I did come across carburetor doctor while searching today..i wondered if they are a reputable company. I will admit im old fashioned and am leary of putting in my card info..lol

When i called steiner today, this must be the 5 digit part number she was looking for. When i gave her the numbers off the brass tag on the carb, she thought i started speaking a different language.

Thanks! I think im gonna preload a card, ive been needing to order some things online anyway.

Ok ok, i had my first experience with Steiner tractor the other day. I gotta say the customer service ladies there are top notch! A breath of fresh air...i thought service was dead!

I havnt received my order yet but they provided me with a tracking number and it should be here Friday...which means Monday in my neck of the BFA.