Plowing Gardens....post your pics!

Mr. Plow

I fired up the Super and the 12" Brinly to plow the garden at the house this evening.   Moisture was perfect and it turned over very well.

20211018_164203.jpg

20211018_164216.jpg

20211018_164222.jpg

20211018_164237.jpg

20211018_165527.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice! No frost here yet so plowing is a ways out. Still have tomatoes, peppers, carrots and turnips. It's winding down but I never get in a big toot to get it plowed. I'll post pics when I do.

Once I get the 12" Brinly to operating depth it plows an honest 7-8" deep.  Not the 10-12" you can get out of a big plow for sure, but not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great.  I'm slightly embarrassed to say I only made it to one plow day this year and that was back in the spring.  The plow is greased up and stored.  I spent most of my time this year working on getting a functioning engine in my 73 before winter (it's my plow tractor). 

IMG_5816.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the day finally came. Buddy called and said, "Going to be coldddd tonight. Better get anything you want out of the garden". So I picked about three gallons of turnips. Wind is horrid today, so I drove over to the junkyard to pick Aaron's brain. Got to thinking on the way back, could be the last good day of the year to do this and some of the turnips had frosty dirt stuck to them.

Had finished putting the plow tractor back together this morning, jacked the gauge wheel up and got an honest 10" deep furrow. Maybe this things just a super-garden tractor? Staged the one shot so the 756 got a cameo.

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

• Like 3