No Rotella at Walmart in fact the oil section was looking bare 

No Stabil 360 either  

1 minute ago, jeeper61 said:

It is getting a little concerning

Over the week end I found 

No 5 gallon pales of Tractor Fluid at TSC not even the yellow bucket 

No Rotella at Walmart in fact the oil section was looking bare 

No Stabil 360 either  

Local store brand toilet paper in single rolls is gone.  Heading into town this afternoon and will look around.

Noticed empty shelves in the soda case at the local Casey's over the weekend. 

Between general parts shortages,  and now the JD strike, calls for parts on all ages of JD equipment are way up at work.  Weird time in history. 

Rotella t is a little bit hard to come by here too. In the spring we were buying pails on sale for 62.99. Now it’s 85$ and up. Non sale prices at some places are over 100. We went back to our old supplier and refilled the barrel we had. Was still 800 and some dollars though. 

currently needing close to another 100 and some gallons for the cat. Not looking forward to that bill. Oil cooler went so the transmission needs to be flushed and the hydraulic oil is due for a change. Final drives too. 

It is spotty here on many things. 

On a side note finding ammo for my son's 243 rifle so he can shoot a little is proving a challenge.

Same thing going on here although in some cases it is the local Cenex store. Been having a hard time getting Cenex hydraulic oil at the local store yet their two next closest stores seem to have it. Engine oil often the same. Last time I changed oil in the car had to drive to their store that is about an hour away. Been thinking of getting a 55 gallon drum of both hydraulic and engine oil and just keep here.

Was in town today and noticed some of the shelves in the stores were bare.

I hate dealing with the jugs, got a 55 of hydraulic, 15w40, gear lube, and 5w30. Thinking about getting a 55 of antifreeze, just so we can stock up when things are cheap and get us through the expensive times like now. 

Yesterday TSC had but one gallon of 15-40 Rotella, WM had none so delayed oil change. They did have about nine yellow pails if anyone needed that.

Daughter was looking for whipping cream last night for a recipe, three stores, no luck. What's up with that?

19 minutes ago, TomH said:

My wife reports there is a shortage of cat food in the grocery store.  Seriously?  

There has been a shortage on wet cat and dog food for quite awhile here.  Story is that many of the ingredients come from the side effects of processors making food for institutions and restaurants.  When the restaurants were shut down ingredients stopped flowing into the pet food manufacturers and the situation has never recovered. I'm not convinced that ingredients are even flowing at a normal rate now.  If I had to guess restaurant business as a whole is down vs pre corona.  

Went to two Walmarts no Diesel oil at either same with TSC stores 

Started looking at the auto parts stores online and found the Rotella 10W-30 I was looking for at an Advance store.

Only store in the area that had it and they only had 4 gallons I bought them all.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:10 PM, edwardporter1 said:

couldnt get Rotella so went with DelVac . Bought all the 5 gal  buckets they had

Delvac is probably better oil.  I've worked at two different companies that factory filled gearboxes, or hydraulic systems and BOTH recommended Mobil oils in their service manuals.   Just a week or two after I got my '96 F-250 diesel pickup the Mobil Oil sales group came to visit our plant. I had just had a 55 gal drum of our gearbox oil picked up,  they wanted to know what else I used.  I assured them they had ALL my oil business,  except my new diesel pickup. They asked and I told them the truth, I was going to use Rotella in it because I can buy it ANYWHERE, most gas stations, truck stops, even lots of grocery stores carried it.  I told them if I was on a trip and stopped and needed oil pretty good chance the gas station sold it.  Mobil Delvac, not a sure thing!  Mobil is better now, much easier to find a gallon.

I used to go to a lot of engine plants CAT Cummins GM Ford etc  what I noticed they varied on the brand they used year to year 

Likely purchasing negotiating for the best deal on bulk oil to their specs 

Castrol must of had a good price I had seen that brand at Cummins and GM for several years 

1 hour ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Paint in aerosol "rattle cans" practically non-existent on the shelves in stores around here. 

Not just rattle cans! I needed 4 more gallons of Sherwin Williams Duration deep base - none! I finally found Emerald and got the last 4.

No hammer tone paint in other than silver and brown.

1 hour ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Paint in aerosol "rattle cans" practically non-existent on the shelves in stores around here. 

< 2020 this was on the rear shelves and required photo ID

now it is   handed out for "NOT" riots and other "normal daily" uses

4 hours ago, TomH said:

My wife reports there is a shortage of cat food in the grocery store.  Seriously?  

this has been for 16 mo and "then" was related to the container/shipping components.

friend placed the std monthly order and was PO when 50# arrived simply in a pasteboard box ,not 15# plastic pour containers. had to get help getting off the porch.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, Alan Dinan said:

Costco had pallets of tp Saturday and my sister was there yesterday and they were out

For sale to highest bidder.

Don't try to lowball me 

I know what I have, most of the ("good pages") are still there 😉😅

623657990_toiletpaperoh2(1).jpg.22ff3d7b233883295e47eb01fe0bf5af.jpg

• Haha 7

For the guys looking for oil you can get 55 gallon drum through Auto Zone. Start a commercial account under whatever name you like (doesn’t cost anything) pick out the oil you want and they drop ship it to your door.