5088 Internal Park Lock Question

ThirdGenRed

I need to replace the park pawl on a 1985 IH 5088 tractor, SN:8647, and looked online for the part numbers. They show one part number as 148741C3 and one part number as 1270960C2 and the CaseIH parts online used to show a serial number break for which part went with which tractors, but it does not anymore. Am I correct that I need part 1270960C2 for this 5088 because it is close to the end of production? I really wish they would have left the online parts the way they used to be, a lot of useful information no longer there. 

50,52,5488 are all the same , do some checking and get the cover, pin and pawl all used , the last one I did the cover was broke on the inside where the pin goes through the cover . The pin was bent , cover broke and the pawl bad , just under 1300.00 in parts . Just so you know you can get the cover off with out pulling all the remotes off , just remove the parts on the outside of the cover and push the pin through the cover and you can tip it out of there ,  saves a lot of time 👍

Danny

The SN break is as follows,  SN 8525 and below use 148741C2 and SN 8526 and above use 1270960C2. Just an FYI the park pawl is different because the gear tooth pitch changed.

When on the parts listing page if you hover the cursor over the description (to the very right of the part number)  you will get a pop up box that shows the SN range info for that specific part number.

Archived