2021 deer hunting pics, post em

Rusty shackleford

Out Sunday morning until 830.  Seen 3 does and a buck.  Left them all go since my son wasn't along.  We went together at 3pm.  He was able to get a spike buck that came out of the "thicket" as he calls it.  The previous owners called it the "honey hole" since it attracts deer galore.  Not a picture worthy buck but his success and the memories are exciting.  We drug it home together rather then go get the atv.  He missed the same doe twice in junior doe season (October) but now his confidence is back up.

KIMG0915.JPG

KIMG0916.JPG

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Out Sunday morning until 830.  Seen 3 does and a buck.  Left them all go since my son wasn't along.  We went together at 3pm.  He was able to get a spike buck that came out of the "thicket" as he calls it.  The previous owners called it the "honey hole" since it attracts deer galore.  Not a picture worthy buck but his success and the memories are exciting.  We drug it home together rather then go get the atv.  He missed the same doe twice in junior doe season (October) but now his confidence is back up.

KIMG0915.JPG

KIMG0916.JPG

Congratulations to your son. 

We had 5 some doe before church and then I sat out by myself as none of the kids wanted to go out in the afternoon. I saw 5 and they were moving when they came in, ate for ten minutes and ran away again. I wonder if there was a coyote I didn't see 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

KIMG0915.JPG

KIMG0916.JPG

That's awesome . Always a great feeling watching the smile on kids faces after a moment like that. Enjoy while you can . Soon he will be out of the house 

• Like 2

Thomas got one this morning, his biggest so far. 

IMG_20211129_083736522_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211129_083706181_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

...picture on a deer    farm    in the  East    side of the Southern Alps,   South Island  of NZ

...doesn't really fit this thread...not up to scratch  for the ""Awesome '' picture thread.....

...,,but  here it is ....~!!!

Mike

IMG_1738.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nate said:

Geez Bitty, you would think he would have a big smile on his face.   Nice deer!

I took a bunch of pictures. I need to sort through all and pick the better ones. This buck is the one his cousin couldn't pull a shot quickly enough the day before so Peter shot the second buck that came out. The advantage we had was wind was opposite side and we access a different stand and were closer (97 yards) . Also this buck heard a noise and looked at us in the stand and stopped and allowed him the time to calm down and squeeze the shot off . It was a perfect shot 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, bitty said:

Thomas got one this morning, his biggest so far. 

IMG_20211129_083736522_HDR.jpg

You guys got a little more snow then we did.  Nice deer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bitty said:

I took a bunch of pictures. I need to sort through all and pick the better ones. This buck is the one his cousin couldn't pull a shot quickly enough the day before so Peter shot the second buck that came out. The advantage we had was wind was opposite side and we access a different stand and were closer (97 yards) . Also this buck heard a noise and looked at us in the stand and stopped and allowed him the time to calm down and squeeze the shot off . It was a perfect shot 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:18 AM, bitty said:

Out this morning saw 8 doe . Nephew Peter got this one after a bigger one made it through the shooting lane too quickly for him. Should be out after I get home from church

Screenshot_20211128-090918.png

• Like 2

Saw a spike buck this morning but overall people haven’t seen much that I talked to today. Daylight is getting short now and I haven’t seen a single deer this afternoon. I did have a mouse run by earlier (sitting on the ground) and it’s so calm he sounded huge. I don’t have a field mouse tag anyhow 😊. So in the words of Gary Allan....”I’m just sitting out here watching airplanes”....

87E5800A-D3A8-4521-9818-06D7C5F013D0.jpeg

edit: make that one doe at 815yards

• Like 3

Some buddies deers , from a few out of state hunts, not much getting shot around here. The last pic is of a buddy who shot the biggest deer of his life but had a guy lie and say he just shot it and it was about to die, I talked to the same guy right before and his story was way different, that happend at camp ripleyScreenshot_20211201-204439_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d6cc6ef433bb3fd16c19fc6acbd16e28.jpgScreenshot_20211201-175852_Messages.thumb.jpg.091647fb9566f637ec78805cb929716f.jpgScreenshot_20211031-152519_Messages.thumb.jpg.d66a51c4b408936b72cabf648cbb7a41.jpg

• Like 4

Second cousin got one this morning. Unfortunately I don't have anything to report on my own efforts

Screenshot_20211204-071407.png

• Like 5

I forgot to add the retro deer hunting hauling techniques. Just in case someone needs to figure out how to get their deer home after a successful hunt 

Screenshot_20211202-204558.png

Screenshot_20211202-204534.png

Screenshot_20211202-204524.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My Grandpa with the largest buck he ever shot. I have the antlers mounted on a plaque at my house 😊 He was a huge part of me liking to hunt/fish.  Pic is probably from the late 80’s I’m guessing  

079503D8-134E-414A-A086-3D02306CBFC8.jpeg

• Like 7

19 hours ago, bitty said:

I forgot to add the retro deer hunting hauling techniques. Just in case someone needs to figure out how to get their deer home after a successful hunt 

That's multi-tasking, hauling and pre-cooking!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

That's multi-tasking, hauling and pre-cooking!

It is on the grill , fur and all 😜

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, bitty said:

Reminds me of all the guys here with pickup trucks so nice that they drag a carrier around on the hitch rather then risk putting a deer in the bed.

• Haha 2

This is all I have to show at this point in time . I went to the shale pit and checked my gun at the exact distance I ranged a buck and squeezed a shot off Friday 6 minutes before quitting time. I only saw muzzle flash instead of the deers reaction. We looked for it and sign of it both Friday night and Saturday morning. I found nothing. Neighbors 10 year old saw a big buck yesterday morning limping ..... After talking to them at church today I am not sure if it's what I shot at or not. I have been having a bad season in ways . This buck I spotted in the golden rod and crawled out 150+ yards across a muddy hayfield to get to where I could shoot. Waited a half hour for him to stand up so I could see his body . 😟

By the look of the target I messed up somehow on a 115 yard shot 

IMG_20211205_164130221.jpg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bitty said:

This is all I have to show at this point in time . I went to the shale pit and checked my gun at the exact distance I ranged a buck and squeezed a shot off Friday 6 minutes before quitting time. I only saw muzzle flash instead of the deers reaction. We looked for it and sign of it both Friday night and Saturday morning. I found nothing. Neighbors 10 year old saw a big buck yesterday morning limping ..... After talking to them at church today I am not sure if it's what I shot at or not. I have been having a bad season in ways . This buck I spotted in the golden rod and crawled out 150+ yards across a muddy hayfield to get to where I could shoot. Waited a half hour for him to stand up so I could see his body . 😟

By the look of the target I messed up somehow on a 115 yard shot 

IMG_20211205_164130221.jpg

I would give you a sad emojis but I guess that is why they call it hunting not shooting.  Kind of how things go sometimes.

• Like 2

Think this was near state college prison where no hunting is allowed within a certain area ...... Believe it was 200+ maybe even 220"ish 

Screenshot_20211206-213341.png

Neighbor also showed me a picture of it in a yard so I think it was urban area also

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Wow, that's a monster! Wouldn't look quite as big if not for the 'hero' shot but a great deer none the less.

It definitely grosses more than 200 so it it big for sure . 

Nephew got this one today. They bumped a bigger one out of the bed right near the stand going in ....

Screenshot_20211207-171542.png

• Like 3