Clocks around here

vtfireman85

My wife has to be out the door at 7, she also has this habit of setting every clock a different time and none of them the same , but all of them fast, the bedroom clocks is 25 Minutes fast which she uses to her “benefit” “oh that clock is fast i still have time” the kitchen clock is 30 minutes fast.
She was having a particularly rough morning this morning, and was subsequently grumpy with me, the dog, the cat, the toaster, her lunchbox etc, i was sitting quietly watching the show when she looked at the clock and shrieked that she was  10 minutes late, sure enough the Regulator in the kitchen had chimed 7 10 minutes before, i looked down at my watch 6:40; she frantically starts gathering up her stuff, fumbled with her shoes which I insisted she tie before leaving, started to leave without lunch, but i called her back, gathered up her 4-5 water bottles,  out the door and into the dark she went shutting one of  her school bags in it, saying some choice words and finally i heard the driveway alarm go off as the clock on the wall clicked over 7:15. 

I wonder when she’s going to realize? 

• Haha 3

So funny that we do that also and even though we know they are fast, wifey says  it still gives that little jolt to jump start the day

• Like 2

25 and 30 minutes! I thought it was bad when my wife set the kitchen clock 15 minutes ahead. I would leave for work and find out I was 15 minutes early and her job she only needed to be in at 7 twice a week. The other days 10:00AM!  So try this....at your peril..... reset all clocks no more than 10 minutes ahead and don't tell her! Theoretically it shouldn't make any difference........Maybe....😄

• Haha 1

My wife's time is set 5 minutes fast . Only the kitchen stove set that way. 

Wow......quite different  to our sundial.......How come you have an Australian   "clock' ???   Do you yearn to join the Antipodean   ranks???    Have you ever seen a ""rain dial "' ???  Nor have I ...maybe the Chinese  make them...??? Could do with one one down here....Well    I think your  Australian  "clock "'   suggests its two minute to six...thus I should get on ...partaking   of a sumptious   repaste  ...before facing the new day..... Thankyou  , as always  ...for the continuous advancement of our collective  education..... Does ''repast   e  "" need that "'e'' on the end of it  ??? can't remember   ....by the way for the Canadians  on here and for  Zog and co  from Vermont....''repaste''   with or without that ''e''...means   feeding the inner man...with a bit  of good tucker,...

Mike

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mike newman said:

.How come you have an Australian   "clock' ??? 

Couldn't find one with New Zealand on it. 

Maybe why you didn't know what one was🤔

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

The seldom mentioned red-headed step child of the "O-clock" family tree.

Well , Art  that is what one could call....''timely'',   that subtle  edification for the great unwashed.....  and I bet ol'    sandhiller knew that all along.....

..''step child '',  huh.......  yeah....the old story, Art.....an imprecise ' stroke.'  next thing you  know.......the ''second '' hand appears...... 

Mike

(You know, I reckon Art was just trying ""to wind   me up"" ...)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

My wife has to be out the door at 7, she also has this habit of setting every clock a different time and none of them the same , but all of them fast, the bedroom clocks is 25 Minutes fast which she uses to her “benefit” “oh that clock is fast i still have time” the kitchen clock is 30 minutes fast.
She was having a particularly rough morning this morning, and was subsequently grumpy with me, the dog, the cat, the toaster, her lunchbox etc, i was sitting quietly watching the show when she looked at the clock and shrieked that she was  10 minutes late, sure enough the Regulator in the kitchen had chimed 7 10 minutes before, i looked down at my watch 6:40; she frantically starts gathering up her stuff, fumbled with her shoes which I insisted she tie before leaving, started to leave without lunch, but i called her back, gathered up her 4-5 water bottles,  out the door and into the dark she went shutting one of  her school bags in it, saying some choice words and finally i heard the driveway alarm go off as the clock on the wall clicked over 7:15. 

I wonder when she’s going to realize? 

Wow! My wife sets her car clock fast. Every time we're going somewhere in her car I think we're running late but no - it's fast.

My watch is set to exact time and my truck as close as I can get it. What's the purpose if you know it's fast?

We used to set the airplane clocks using the time hack from WWV in Colorado - they have to be accurate for position reports over the ocean. Not a concern any more as they're all set to UTC/GMT/Z GPS time automagically.

• Like 1

Clocks are correct. People are late. No excuse for tardiness in my mind. The easiest thing you can do in a work day is be on time. Just my opinion though

• Like 2

Anybody consult the marriage expert MTO. He may have experience dealing with this.

I will admit I use to always try to do one little thing before I need to leave, so I could be late. So my wife started setting the clock a bit fast. But then I figured it out so I was latter.  So now clocks are set as close as possible to correct.

Getting old and lazy so the heck with those little things. Ready to go when ever she wants and sit and wait now. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jass1660 said:

If you’re not ten minutes early you’re late!

I've been preaching this to my kids since they could tell time: If you're not early you're late!

• Like 1

I always figured that I gave work plenty be dammed if I was going to give them more by being early.  They usually get a portion of my lunch break and some at the end of the day. I am usually driving to my next job while I eat and the boss bends my ear at the end of the day. I aim to be on time but not early. 

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

I've been preaching this to my kids since they could tell time: If you're not early you're late!

I also had “BIST”, butt in seat time if you didn’t make it you got left behind. 

4 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

I aim to be on time but not early

I always try to show up for an appointment 30 minutes early.

I set my watch and clock in the car ONE minute fast, and the rest of the clocks in the house hopefully are set at the correct time, but by the time you move from room to room, they may be a couple of minutes different.

I am always early or at the very least on time. My ex had a habit of running behind, and did not get that if I said we needed to leave by 6, that meant in the vehicle going down the road. I finally started saying that we needed to leave 10 to 15 minutes earlier than we really did. 

• Like 2