Left a Mark

searcyfarms

I wanted to check in with something new for all of you. I am off the hose 100% made it two days straight. Still burning in chest and short breath with exertion but hey doing dishes and laundry and walking to the mailbox is tuff stuff for a recovering hose sucker. 

So in my loyalty to try to get back to work I pushed myself to make it. I notified my mgr I would be working. I received no acknowledgement other than a meeting to discuss return to work policy. 

I have been with the company for over 24yrs. Given all and then some. Many of you know or at least have surmised who I work for because of my comments possibly and IT/Tech stuff.  I was informed today due to the fact that I am not able to get the vaccine i am no longer able to perform my work responsibilities because I will not be allowed in our buildings. Even tho I have had covid and even tho I have a medical exemption. I have been performing my duties since covid saving the company 1000s of dollars in travel and expenses doing work remotely but it all boils down to a jab and agenda. 

I was told I have 3 options, get the jab, resign, or take a temp position until 3/1 and try to find something 100 working remote which will likely be next to impossible with all of the others in the same position I am in. 

I just wanted to share what is happening around us and the marks the country is leaving on us as a people. I know the lord will provide. My wife and I are on our heels from covid but the Lord saw us through that and he will provide for us through this ordeal. My heart aches because of who I am and who God created me to be. I was taught to work as tho I am working for the lord in all that I do. I sure have tried to do that my entire life whoever I was working for but today was one of those days I really had to lay down my sword and sit in silence as the battle rages around me. 

I pray if you all are dealing with the contempt, the shame, the bullying, the guilting and the lies I am you will have the strength and courage to endure it. 

Pray for me and my meeting tomorrow with my manager we have a one on one after he unloaded all of this on me today. Its going to be a passionate conversation and I need to keep my heart calm. 

thanks for listening

robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 12

Wow, that is tough!  Will pray you have patience and calm as you have your meeting.

That all sounds pretty ridiculous to me, by the way. 

And you are right, I'm sure God will provide, some way, some how.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That’s a kick in the rear after all you been through.Good luck in the morning. I bet you can find a new job starting with more than you make now . The market is crazy here . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for a good outcome from this, He will provide

• Thanks 1

the question I want to ask is, So everyone in the office is vaccinated, I have had covid, I have antibodies, what risk do I pose someone ? 

If they have the shot WTHeck are the worried about ? 

• Like 7

Its called bureaucracy. Question, can you retire and get them pay you out with a severance? God saw fit for me and my wife to lose our jobs where we both worked for ten or so years six months apart. I would not have done it otherwise. It was tough but I increased my pay and benefits 30-40% in the move and it took two long hard years before the dust settled, and I am not sure I could do it again in my 60's. Good luck on this.

• Thanks 1

The situation that you are dealing with is unacceptable. It just goes to show that there is no reward for loyalty to a company. I learned that lesson a little more than three years ago.

the Lord will direct you to the right path just like he did me and so many others. You might not understand it at first but after a while you will see how the pieces fell together and you will be better for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tell them what they can do with their job, just my opinion. Maybe mention what you think of the management while you’re at it. Start your own IT business and maybe take some of their clients with you. There’s plenty of good people looking for help right now, there’s just no need to put up with this nonsense. I don’t really plan on getting anything just because they say I have to, I’m self employed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Tell them what they can do with their job, just my opinion. Maybe mention what you think of the management while you’re at it. Start your own IT business and maybe take some of their clients with you. There’s plenty of good people looking for help right now, there’s just no need to put up with this nonsense. I don’t really plan on getting anything just because they say I have to, I’m self employed. 

i feel just like that, tell them what i think but honestly its so big and nasty they dont really care im just a peon, im honestly kind of soured on the whole technology and IT stuff after so many  years of it and my days ahead want to be looking out the window of a piece of machinery, dirt on my face and an honest days tired back - i know tha tmight sound strange to some of you but its just who I am. I love my roots, i never had teh means to be a farmer or family that did i just worked for guys and poured my heart into it. Never a regret other than the stinky pig poop LOL

• Like 3

You have kept your head up through one of the tougher times in life dealing with this sickness.  It’s plain dirty for the company to do that. God has seen you through this far and obviously is not done with you yet.

I lost my job on Dec 4, 2017 due to bureaucracy and a corporate merger after several years with that company. You will fair just fine as long as you have faith. That is hard in the situation and I say that from experience. I am much better off today and was led to something better. Hang tough.  You have seen the darker times. This is just a temporary setback. Much respect for sticking to your beliefs! 💪🏼

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here's some serious advice.

Their policy stinks. However you have alot of time in a company with a good job. Obviously you have to be close to retirement age.

Suck it up and get the shot. 

Here's why.

It's harder to get a job over 50. I can tell you farming for a living is a great life but a poor living. Get all your debts paid off, money saved up and farm all you want after you retire at 62 or whatever.

A good friend who is an IT manager for a major medical organization was in your situation and took the shot. He was irritated but not enough to loose his income. He has bills to pay.

I vaccinate my calves. I would be a hypocrite to not vaccinate myself...

IMHO, ymmv

Thx-Ace 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

For many people, this isn’t a vaccination vs not question. For many it is a personal invasion of privacy. No one has the right to tell you what you should do. I respect those who do choose to get this vaccine. I also respect Ace’s ideas above. If the OP just goes and gets this against his best judgement, it is not right. If he wants to get it, totally different. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

FWIW

"https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Complaint-Conformed.pdf
New court case in California against mandatory jabbing. I’ve not read it all as yet, but the first 2 pages (of 40) are powerful. May be useful."

From a comment just up at Jo Nova

IMO it's not right making anyone take the shot. I better stop with that before I get trouble started.   Sceary sorry to hear this after everything else you and your wife has just went thru. Hopefully your meeting goes good in your way. Will pray that you have a good out come

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear about this Robert after all you have been through. FWIW I’d do my best to stay calm and hear your manager out. See if you can find a way to stay on while you look for a better situation. 

I was thrown off when I was laid off about 8 years ago. Luckily the company took care of me with a 10 week severance package. I started a better job 5 weeks later and collected 2 checks for 5 weeks!

Eight years and 3 employers later I’m in a much better place than I would have been if I hadn’t been laid off. 

I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, we may not understand the reason at the time, but it will become apparent later. 

Keep your head up and let us know how it goes. 

Dave

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A certain percentage of people will have a bad experience with any vaccine. The percentages are likely very small, which is good, unless you’re the one in a thousand or million or whatever that had the rare devastating reaction. What do you do then? There’s no way to know for sure beforehand and after it may be too late. What if you couldn’t work anymore over something that was survivable without a vaccine? Yes COVID is real and for some people it is devastating. It is also likely true that the vaccine will be devastating for a much, much, smaller group of people, but devastating none the less. Why can’t people be allowed to make up their own minds? If I was older and in poor health it would be a no brainer, but what if you had to live with a possible bad reaction for 60, 70 years? What comfort would it be knowing that “Well, it hardly ever happens”. 

• Like 4

I’m glad you are making a recovery. 
that is incredibly harsh of the company after your long and loyal service. A lot of companies are just about the money and not the people that made the company what it is. 
I hope your company eventually does the right thing. Wishing you all the best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1