My Latest Plowing Videos

We were able to have a couple of fun plow days in September here in SW Ontario. The first video is my friend on his new 650 Diesel. It needed fairly minimal work to get running, (minimal for us, anyways, it had stuck starting valves in the head) and then we rebuilt the hydraulic valves and he put all new hydraulic hoses on it. We plowed that day in hard, heavy clay ground. 4-14" bottom #70 plow in 2nd gear. The second video is my oldest son Cameron and I plowing with our W4 and 2 furrow #8c plow the following weekend in lovely clay loam ground. Running 2nd gear, 3/4 throttle. We don't much care for tractor pulls as much any more, we would rather fuel up and plow for 6 hours straight! What a great way to spend a sunny day!

Cheers! FD

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Thanks for the videos Doc, hard to beat a good plow day!

X2. My favorite events to watch 

Thanks for sharing the videos. Nice to see the W4 and 650 plowing. I spent most of one summer in the mid 1960s driving an IH 660 summer fallowing  in Southern Alberta. 

Looks good. They both sound real nice.  It has been a long time since anyone plowed out here.  If you have anyone passing through the west I can send a straight fuel tank and wheel weights for the 650.  The W's always look out of place to me with out weights.  

1 hour ago, 7288cdn said:

Looks good. They both sound real nice.  It has been a long time since anyone plowed out here.  If you have anyone passing through the west I can send a straight fuel tank and wheel weights for the 650.  The W's always look out of place to me with out weights.  

Oh! Well the tank is kind of rough on the 650! 9 series weights are harder to come by in these parts. Al was able to get a pair at an auction a few weeks ago, but it really could use two sets to harness all that power!

I was going to ask you of that was Al! my eyes are badddd ! he is getting a nice collection

Plowdays are awesome. I prefer a drag plow (8C) but they are 2 trips with the trailer. I have 2 130 Farmalls here and decided to make a 130/BN out of one so I can make one trip with the trailer for plowdays farther away. It should look nice with the white and red colour scheme plus the mounted plow

• Like 1