Super W 6 live hydraulics

I have a Super W 6 that I am hoping to add hydraulics to.  I found a complete setup off of a super M on Kijiji (Canadian craigslist) for a really good price.  It came with the live pump that mounts to the timing cover in front of the distributor and the reservoir that  mounts in belly by the clutch.  I was just wondering if anyone had any photos of tractors with this setup so i could see how you have it plumbed.  Also if hoy have any tricks that would make installing either the pump or the reservoir easier that would be greatly appreciated as well.

it would be easier to comment if you post pics of what you have. I expect all you have is the pump if you want it 100% original.

most of those W6 valves are worn and leaking so maybe an aftermarket one would work better for you if you have an aftermarket valve that someone used on the M. If you have the Christmas tree valve you might be able to use some of it but you may still missing the safety valve(relief) and the proper handle The reservoir is a small cylindrical shaped tank mounted on brackets that replace the toolbox under the fuel tank.-this is not part of a Farmall setup. Once again post what you have and it could very well be adapted to work well

...same pump.......same ''control   valve''     a  ''period ''   IH   hyd tank....  not what you wanted to see....but after removing the pump, sending it to the hyd pump  repair shop......getting a bill for $1500,00  New  Zealand    .....not what I wanted to see, either......:(

Forget the currency differential between   Canada and NZ.....$1500.00   in either place is still a chunk of change.....

Picture of self , shifting the distributor    back , after hyd pump   removal.....and  picture of  the requirement for hydralics.....

Mike

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

Sorry I forgot to add the photos of the parts when I made the post the first time.  The first three photos are the reservoir that I got with the hydraulic set up.  It came out of a Super M and was mounted in the belly between the clutch and the transmission.  On my Super W6 there is a plate in the same spot and the bolt pattern matches with this reservoir and there are covers on the tractor that line up with the input holes for the reservoir as well and it looks like there is room in there for the reservoir to fit in (I don't have good photos of this yet I will get them tomorrow if I get the chance).  The next 2 are the pump.  It is an aftermarket M&W pump.  The next photos are of the remote valve and the pressure relief valve that came with the parts.  Also I am not trying to make it look original I am adding the hydraulics so that I can pull a small disk and other odd jobs around the farm that require a tractor with hydraulics.

1629402142_res1.thumb.jpg.403bd19425eb9a6a9e4ad455bd13fd44.jpg

618440795_res2.thumb.jpg.23b2dadf21d22646ff21afb0b12720a1.jpg

1982511022_res4.thumb.jpg.a2334e372f5204afa4416b69c6854d86.jpg

2004917751_pump1.thumb.jpg.00bb63563dc57e38950f6d692150df7d.jpg

1562034132_pump2.thumb.jpg.a280fc8f71c9fe2f318df03bd635ee7a.jpg

1757331417_valve1.thumb.jpg.30cca6f3583b4044850e3c1bbeef2b30.jpg

1649222286_valve2.thumb.jpg.b87257b3799315d27325ccb95aaf4134.jpg

90596106_pressure2.thumb.jpg.2802bc2e792a58eca4b78b9e7729506a.jpg

so you have a channel frame SW6.  you could install that belly pump and use it as the reservoir like the M&W setup would have been ( cannot be used as a pump on the SW6) or find or make a reservoir for the tractor. M&W used a rectangular shaped tank for the W6- not the M belly pump. what you have will work but it would be cleaner more "correct with a new tank and maybe a little more oil capacity

ihw6hy.jpg

I thought that was just a reservoir is it actually a belly pump?  I thought that the super W6s did come with a belly pump option?  and thanks for that photo on the M&W setup that should help me figure out the plumbing of the hydraulics.

Thanks for the photos I'm hoping to get to installing the hydraulics on the tractor in the next couple of weeks but corn harvest and living an hour and a half away from the farm for University might get in the way of that.  But it will get done sometime this winter because I want to use it for tillage next spring.

• Like 1

after thinking about it I think if it was my tractor I would use that belly pump as a reservoir. Let the debate begin👌It could be made to look fairly clean.

If you take that cast cover off where the belly pump goes I think you will find the countershaft nut is not the type that drives the Farmall belly pumps.( see pic) W Series did not originally come with those pumps. But a lot of things can or have been done in the last 60 plus years. My nephew has a SW6 with a working belly pump. Someone must have put an SM countershaft in it is the only explanation I have

Oh ok.  I did know of a Super W6 that had a working belly pump so that's why I thought that it was an option from factory.  Also I did some more looking online and I only have the reservoir and not the actual belly pump.  I think that I m going to stick with using the belly reservoir to give the tractor a cleaner look than it would have if I had the tank mounted under the gas tank.  The only issue that I might run into is clearance with the hydraulic lines and the belt pully but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.  

That looks like a standard belly pump commonly used on M's and older SM's until the live setup came to the US in the 1952 models.  I have seen the belly pump used as an extra reservoir on M's with the M&W pump.