1979 International Transtar 4070B Eagle

IH1975

Thought I would share some pictures of my old Transtar 4070B I used to run back in the mid 90s. It had a 430 Detroit with a 13 speed transmission with 433 rears. 

21659B4D-634F-4DAA-8C39-F0E0A88BBE7E.jpeg

ECADEBFA-137F-473D-9D7B-6E3DC048A784.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice ride. Company I worked for in the mid seventies had a few 4000's and a bunch of F-700 Macks. Never got lucky enough to drive one of those, always one of the %$#* Macks.

53 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Nice ride. Company I worked for in the mid seventies had a few 4000's and a bunch of F-700 Macks. Never got lucky enough to drive one of those, always one of the %$#* Macks.

Thanks for the complement. I drove a 1974 Mack RS700L had a 318 Detroit with a 13 speed Reyco suspension only thing on it “Mack” was Cab,Hood,and the Bulldog. It was a fun truck to drive. 

48 minutes ago, Wesd said:

That is a very sharp looking 4070b

Thanks I’ll post some more pics of it 

That's a NICE looking truck. The red with all the brite work looks great!  The Company I drove for put me with their top driver for a couple days when I started with them, same tractor as yours except white and a 9-speed,  not sure of axle ratio, but it ran right up to 75 mph loaded coming home from Chicago. The company had a lot of tractors with 6V-92's, which got pretty good mpg, but that 8V-92 got about 3 to 3-1/2 mpg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

That's a NICE looking truck. The red with all the brite work looks great!  The Company I drove for put me with their top driver for a couple days when I started with them, same tractor as yours except white and a 9-speed,  not sure of axle ratio, but it ran right up to 75 mph loaded coming home from Chicago. The company had a lot of tractors with 6V-92's, which got pretty good mpg, but that 8V-92 got about 3 to 3-1/2 mpg.

Thanks for the complement. This one had the 8V92 but it wasn’t the Silver 92. I could get if I tried 4mpg I wish it had a Cummins or a 8V-71 in it I hated that 8V92. I’ve been around Detroit’s all my life and drove many but this one was a basket case