Jump to content

For those wanting to update equipment


856 Custom
 Share

Recommended Posts

Most people probably know, but get your orders placed ASAP. I ordered 2- 555 J&M wagons January 31 at the deadline for the discounts. J&M called last Wednesday and said they were ready. The last hold up was they were waiting for tires from their supplier. I've heard if you want a grain cart order now and it (should) be done by wheat time. This isn't just a J&M MFG problem, it's everywhere. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered parts over a month ago.

Like a fool I tried to buy local first and only wasted my time and gas looking.

The supplier later said they were out of stock and coming in a big order from the main company.

I wish it had said, "Not in Stock" as I would have bypassed that seller.

I am about to ask for my money back, if I can find the parts somewhere else.

Buyer beware these days.

PS: Always ask for a price quote also.

I needed parts and was quoted $80.00.

I was not desperate for the parts so ordered online for $18.00.

Same Chinese junk, just cheaper (Price).

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Local dealers advertisment was something like "over 455 pieces on order.  Get in line.". Several weeks back hay tools were order now for spring delivery.  Used to be a lot of selection and one could just go and buy off the lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dealer mentioned that he thought he had about the last new Kuhn hay tedder in the state (NY) a month ago. It was raining that day, imagine that, so I got interested and called around.  He did seem to have the last one. So I bought it, then listed mine on Craigslist for exactly what I had given for it new, three years earlier. Phone started ringing instantly. I just would not have felt right pricing it higher…..but the young guy who came and bought it did.  He had it on Facebook the next morning for $1500 more, and I heard that he got 1200 more within 2 days. That’s good marketing.  
(That’s within $400 of what I had given for the new one). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Dealer mentioned that he thought he had about the last new Kuhn hay tedder in the state (NY) a month ago. It was raining that day, imagine that, so I got interested and called around.  He did seem to have the last one. So I bought it, then listed mine on Craigslist for exactly what I had given for it new, three years earlier. Phone started ringing instantly. I just would not have felt right pricing it higher…..but the young guy who came and bought it did.  He had it on Facebook the next morning for $1500 more, and I heard that he got 1200 more within 2 days. That’s good marketing.  
(That’s within $400 of what I had given for the new one). 

I guess it is a free world but it is hard to understand how some random guy has time to find what he thinks is deal and then flip it.  Unless of course he is a jockey.  As I type this I guess it doesn't matter what someone does with something after purchasing it.  Quite the entrapenure making a buck on the shortage of equipment for sale.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

Went to look at a new gator today got there not a single one to be found . 

If you have seen my Cub Cadet Big Country post. The guy we got it off of bought a brand new Gator. He ordered it Las March and finally got it 2 weeks ago this coming Wednesday. First it was going to be there end of July. Then the middle of August. Then the end of August. 

Tried pricing some grain bin kits last April. Couldn't get any until December earliest. Kinda wish we would have gone on and ordered the one or 2 kits we were thinking. I doubt we can get any next year either unless I scrounge up some used bins. 

Bought a used grain dryer in May. Dealer screwed up on the advertisement and listed it as LP when it was Natural Gas. We bought it and when they finally got to the site to pull the dryer to take to us. They realized the mistake and have been trying to get the parts to convert it over on their dime. They realized the mistake in early August and here we are in early October and they still can't get what they needed to do the conversion. Salesman said in early August dont pull our old dryer until they were sure they could convert it. Guess what.  We shelled some corn this week and I'm still running the ancient Farm Fans AB120 we have. Kinda disappointing thinking you have a newer bigger dryer and end up running the undersized machine that was built before I was born. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

If you have seen my Cub Cadet Big Country post. The guy we got it off of bought a brand new Gator. He ordered it Las March and finally got it 2 weeks ago this coming Wednesday. First it was going to be there end of July. Then the middle of August. Then the end of August. 

Tried pricing some grain bin kits last April. Couldn't get any until December earliest. Kinda wish we would have gone on and ordered the one or 2 kits we were thinking. I doubt we can get any next year either unless I scrounge up some used bins. 

Bought a used grain dryer in May. Dealer screwed up on the advertisement and listed it as LP when it was Natural Gas. We bought it and when they finally got to the site to pull the dryer to take to us. They realized the mistake and have been trying to get the parts to convert it over on their dime. They realized the mistake in early August and here we are in early October and they still can't get what they needed to do the conversion. Salesman said in early August dont pull our old dryer until they were sure they could convert it. Guess what.  We shelled some corn this week and I'm still running the ancient Farm Fans AB120 we have. Kinda disappointing thinking you have a newer bigger dryer and end up running the undersized machine that was built before I was born. 

 

I had heard Brock or Sukup was shipping bin's without bolts in September. Friend bought two used bins from a landlord. Elgin Service Center didn't have any bolts. He called Homan Inc and yeah they had bolts, so he got bolts there. Bin company shipping bins without bolts? Amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I guess it is a free world but it is hard to understand how some random guy has time to find what he thinks is deal and then flip it.  Unless of course he is a jockey.  As I type this I guess it doesn't matter what someone does with something after purchasing it.  Quite the entrapenure making a buck on the shortage of equipment for sale.

 

We had an old Ford flail mower. We never used it anymore and since I had bought a quart of Ford blue some years ago I cleaned it up and painted it. All sorts of people seemed to want it and we sold it to the first guy who called for five or six hundred. The guy had it on FB the next day for twelve hundred!

My wife started to watch his postings and apparently he does it regularly.

I would have rather sold it to someone who actually was going to use it but I got what I wanted for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Went to look at a new gator today got there not a single one to be found . 

Local Kawasaki dealer is packed with new utvs. I’m guessing a truck or two delivered lately, because this time last year there was nothing available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

I'm still running the ancient Farm Fans AB120 we have.

Know how you feel, be glad you still have it place to use.  Hoping to get beans done soon to use mine for corn.

IMG_2060.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

had heard Brock or Sukup was shipping bin's without bolts in September. Friend bought two used bins from a landlord. Elgin Service Center didn't have any bolts. He called Homan Inc and yeah they had bolts, so he got bolts there. Bin company shipping bins without bolts? Amazing.

Have heard from several different farmers that bin pads waiting and all the sheet metal, but no bolts.  Really would suck at this time of year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

thinking you have a newer bigger dryer

Do you mind, if I ask what you upgraded to.  Mine wont last forever either, will need ideas for any future upgrades

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was told by a fleet owner that new dry vans are $55,000.00 and new reefers are $115,000.00. next year for delivery. He said another guy placed an order for 40 new semis  the order was cancelled be the maker because they don't know what pricing will be. Inflation is going to be crazy.l

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not big equipment like you guys are talking. The cub 1811 gave up suddenly this summer. Thought about a repower, parts are already hard to come buy. Had to get something, looked around a bunch, nothing used worth looking at. Wanted something that some legs without having to work on it a bunch (never bought anything that didn’t need work). Finally got a call from the JD dealer that he just got a x570 in and would give me first chance but had a guy that would come get that day if I had to think about it. Went and got it, happy so far. Sold the Cub this weekend to a young man from Conn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Driver1 said:

I was told by a fleet owner that new dry vans are $55,000.00 and new reefers are $115,000.00. next year for delivery. He said another guy placed an order for 40 new semis  the order was cancelled be the maker because they don't know what pricing will be. Inflation is going to be crazy.l

My brother bought a new Peterbilt back in January or February, it’s still not ready, it sat in the plant for 2 months waiting for parts, finally my brother started ordering parts from 4 state truck parts, just to try get it done.  Still doesn’t have the truck yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Driver1 said:

I was told by a fleet owner that new dry vans are $55,000.00 and new reefers are $115,000.00. next year for delivery. He said another guy placed an order for 40 new semis  the order was cancelled be the maker because they don't know what pricing will be. Inflation is going to be crazy.l

Inflation is astronomical. Salesman who sold me those 555 J&M wagons told me Saturday he got on the J&M quoter tool for shoots and giggles and those wagons are $4000.00 dollars more EACH than they were the end of January. How's that possible??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not buying anything. Forget this whole deal. It will settle down (crash) eventually. These equipment prices were already ridiculous before all this started. I’ll drag stuff out of the fence row before I pay what people are charging for this stuff. Every time I go to the dealer there’s a line out the door  with people who can’t wait to buy it. How high does it have to get?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

Inflation is astronomical. Salesman who sold me those 555 J&M wagons told me Saturday he got on the J&M quoter tool for shoots and giggles and those wagons are $4000.00 dollars more EACH than they were the end of January. How's that possible??

Steel is stupid expensive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was talking to our tire dealer a couple months ago. He said to hope we didn't have any tire issues because they're not out there. Friend blew out a 14L on the front of his 5288. Dealer had one in stock. Friend thought he better replace the other one while he was at it. Tire dealer said he only had one & there was none available anywhere.

Neighbors ha e 2 X9 combines on order. Combines are built but no tires available. Another farmer I know got his X9 but hasn't got his 50' draper yet. Deere made a change on the feeder house face plate and no other draper will fit..

We have a new 2150 planter ordered. Dea,er was out Friday, said he wasn't sure if they'd get it or not. Weve told them our 1250 doesnt leave the farm until the new planter is sitting in our barn lot & ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 9:28 PM, Farmerboy72 said:

Do you mind, if I ask what you upgraded to.  Mine wont last forever either, will need ideas for any future upgrades

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner 

It's a GSI. 320 bushel. Cant remember the model number right now off hand. I can ask Dad tomorrow when I see him. Envision control. Stainless steel construction. As I said, it is a used dryer.  8 years old. Finding used single phase, lp dryers is hard unless we invest in phase converters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...