Ready to play this weekend

forwhldrv

Loaded up this 650 the other night for tomorrow’s fun pull. I brought my girlfriends TO 30 to a friend’s house near the pulls last weekend so she could practice  she asked about a month ago about wanting to try pulling said she needed some seat time on the tractor first. Last Sunday we went over his house and pulled the boat up and down his driveway to about 7000# that’s all the little Ferguson wanted. I have wanted to pull this tractor on this track for a few years I’ve pulled my daughters M and our 600 so this year I’m trying this one. The pull is all for fun it’s a fundraiser for the local church 

5B6A9FD2-B1BE-42A7-AC41-61ADC025D7C8.jpeg

DC11423A-6E4C-41E8-A4EC-11EB8698F73F.jpeg

38A01B99-5E5D-441E-BAE6-AA64035EA492.jpeg

ECE1D663-7550-4F1F-93D7-1D7F6365EBF5.jpeg

• Like 15

34 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I think he meant the pull is tomorrow. How has the new truck been doing for hauling or is this the first time towing with it? I think I remember a picture of when you got it this spring 

Truck is good pull my 10000# trailer behind it barley know it’s there power wise. This is my fathers trailer and it pulls nice just a little long 28’ deck with a 4’ beaver tail it’s nice to put 2 tractors on it but very easy to be way over weight. This was a load I pulled this summer and it handled it just fine my fuel mileage is the only thing that doesn’t like the load 

A9A3CC66-B111-4C2F-94EF-6ED66B6263DB.jpeg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, augercreek said:

Well, how did it go?

Yes the pull is tomorrow I’ll be dragging this and my girlfriends Ferguson home on Sunday. This 650 will be put away till plow day in the spring 

is that the tractor you got from Wardner? Iirc, the fast hitch is the clue. Looks nice. Good luck at the pull.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

is that the tractor you got from Wardner? Iirc, the fast hitch is the clue. Looks nice. Good luck at the pull.

Yes it is his 400 with the two electrals is in New Hampshire still last I knew. The fast hitch on the back of this makes it hard to climb up on  the back of it l. It has a couple of big steps up over the seat 

79228A69-5D25-4B73-BAFA-87AAC87D467B.jpeg

• Like 7

Had a good time yesterday the little Ferguson  pulled good  wasn’t that impressed with the 650 it was running outa power the tires are on the tall side. The last tractor pulling pulled 27000 he has pulled more but the last tractor standing only pulled one less block   

This was a good friend of mine that has a good tractor collection teaching a friends son 

The last run of the night  

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics and videos. I’m digging the guy with the M wearing the 1000 yard stare and smoking a cigar. 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so why did the stubby 620 dog out with the kid driving it, but have a full pull with 5 extra weights on it?

15 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Thanks for the pics and videos. I’m digging the guy with the M wearing the 1000 yard stare and smoking a cigar. 😊

And from the looks of that M.....I wouldn't bet against it!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Plow said:

And from the looks of that M.....I wouldn't bet against it!!!!!

Hot Rod intake....check

aluminum weight rack... check

performance exhaust.....check

dry cell battery.....check

quick change rear weight setup... check

8 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Hot Rod intake....check

aluminum weight rack... check

performance exhaust.....check

dry cell battery.....check

quick change rear weight setup... check

Lightweight bolster check 

low first gear check 

electric fan on the radiator check 

yup he’s pretty serious about pulling with it  I’ve pulled out 600 with him and he’s usually about 1000# lighter than me on the sled when he goes out 

4 hours ago, ny bill o said:

so why did the stubby 620 dog out with the kid driving it, but have a full pull with 5 extra weights on it?

That standard 620 pulls real good he found it at Umass. Amherst college  and went through it he has all of the 20 series 2cylinders he’s a good friend. I was helping his nephew on his 720 Stsndard Diesel a few trips up the track that was him on the 820 at the end and the guy with the 720 standard with glasses used to own the local Deere dealerships till he sold out to United last year I think real nice guy. He’s putting on a stone boat pull this Saturday that I’m taking our 600 to I’ll probably be one of 2-3 not green tractors there 

• Like 1

Question for anyone.  Not much of a fan of pulling.  This set up looks laid back compared to some of the other pulls I have seen.

My question is, since the sled doesn't increase weight/drag as you go, are you likely to pull the sled out the other end once you get it moving?  I imagine there is always the chance of spinning out, but it seems like the majority of the pull is based on the first few feet.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way that last pull was still impressive.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brookville said:

Great Pictures!  I never knew the Big Wheaties had available fast hitch.  The double lift cylinders are cool looking as well. 

They didn’t it was put on with custom adapter plates. It  makes it hard to get on but nice plowing setup with  a fast hitch 4-16 plow behind it 

I have fond memories of the stone boat pulls over by Northfield MN with draft horses. They would preload the boat and the boat passed markers, people would step on and add more weight to the boat. I did it myself a few times. Maybe someone over near Northfield can tell if they still do the horse pulls any more. I have thought of it several times but never look that far into it.

12 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Question for anyone.  Not much of a fan of pulling.  This set up looks laid back compared to some of the other pulls I have seen.

My question is, since the sled doesn't increase weight/drag as you go, are you likely to pull the sled out the other end once you get it moving?  I imagine there is always the chance of spinning out, but it seems like the majority of the pull is based on the first few feet.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way that last pull was still impressive.

Nothing like that here. I’ve had some of the same questions bouncing around in my head. Glad you asked. Seems like It could more laid back but I’m sure there will always be that guy there that absolutely has to win...

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nothing like that here. I’ve had some of the same questions bouncing around in my head. Glad you asked. Seems like It could more laid back but I’m sure there will always be that guy there that absolutely has to win...

We pull 80’ it’s one thing to move it a few feet. But it’s also got to do with the person pulling it down the track avoiding spots whet others have spun out we don’t roll it between every tractor. There gets to be some soft spots in the track even after rolling it we use a 20000 pound vibratory roller  on it and a dozer to flatten it out during the day. 

4 hours ago, forwhldrv said:

We pull 80’ it’s one thing to move it a few feet. But it’s also got to do with the person pulling it down the track avoiding spots whet others have spun out we don’t roll it between every tractor. There gets to be some soft spots in the track even after rolling it we use a 20000 pound vibratory roller  on it and a dozer to flatten it out during the day. 

Interesting.  Honestly that is probably more real life than a sled (which was designed to create a 'sport' or competition).  In real life, if you can get a load moving, a tractor will pull it.  Still need to avoid soft spots and hills are always a challenge, but it not a load that constantly gets heavier/harder to pull.

Just a normal steel deck of some sort that is smooth on bottom and turned up a bit so it won’t plow up dirt?  Add large amounts of concrete blocks and go pulling?  Kind of looks like a mud boat from the oil boom days only smaller.

10 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Just a normal steel deck of some sort that is smooth on bottom and turned up a bit so it won’t plow up dirt?  Add large amounts of concrete blocks and go pulling?  Kind of looks like a mud boat from the oil boom days only smaller.

The stone boat we use is 3’ wide by 10’ long weighs rite around 1000 pounds 

• Thanks 1