Change hydro and motor in 1460

Started to change hydro motor on 1460 and it slid out to the frame and was still in the spline in tranny and wouldn't drop down am I missing something or do I just keep fiddling with it .Also I'm going from a Eaton to a sunstrand, it looks like everything is going to hook up alright but the sunstrand has a oil port out the end that the Eaton doesn't have, what's it for and can I do anything with it .Thanks for any help! I will attach a picture of the end of the sunstrand!20211005_092248.thumb.jpg.afe54e2a768b9714ff9c7d14ae99467f.jpg20211005_092248.thumb.jpg.afe54e2a768b9714ff9c7d14ae99467f.jpg

The parts book I have shows a plug there but i'm not a 100% certain. The hydraulic diagram shows the same amount of hoses going to that block as the eaton one. Some of the hoses are a different part number as well between pumps but does not show orientation of hoses. I can get pictures of book if needed.

Just my opinion the eaton hydro's are far better than the sunstrand pumps

• Like 1

Well this hydro deal isn't going well, I put the sunstrand pump in and couldn't get all the lines to match up  (mostly different size fittings)so to to end my frustration I put my Eaton back on ,now machine won't go backwards but goes forward fine, the 2 bigger lines to and from the pump get warm but the third line coming out of the top of the motor does not  get warm,any ideas or experience would be appreciated, when I put it In 4wd and try to back up it does nothing, does that mean anything. Thanks 

First what was the reason for going into the hydro in the first place? Going forward fine now what does that really mean? Oil hot and it will pull hills like it always done in road gear or it will move the machine with cold oil a few feet. Do you get the hydro whine when going forward/reverse? Do you have pressure gauges you can connect into the system. Need more information to help you zero in on the issues.

I don’t think changing from a Eaton to a Sundstrand is a good idea nor am I sure it will work properly. 

2 hours ago, Royboy1066 said:

Well this hydro deal isn't going well, I put the sunstrand pump in and couldn't get all the lines to match up  (mostly different size fittings)so to to end my frustration I put my Eaton back on ,now machine won't go backwards but goes forward fine, the 2 bigger lines to and from the pump get warm but the third line coming out of the top of the motor does not  get warm,any ideas or experience would be appreciated, when I put it In 4wd and try to back up it does nothing, does that mean anything. Thanks 

Wasn’t going to say anything but the pipes are designed not to work together. Do t know what’s different in motor but they won’t work well together. Your relief valve on motor could be stuck. Way to verify is swap forward and reverse reliefs if it goes in that direction valve is shot.

The original hydro was getting weak and the splines on the hydro were getting wore so I wanted to change it before it went out in a bad place, so a couple bad decision later here I am ,the pump and motor worked all right before, just slow and  a little weak ,so how could I switch lines from forward to reverse, they all seem to have their special place!

23 minutes ago, Royboy1066 said:

The original hydro was getting weak and the splines on the hydro were getting wore so I wanted to change it before it went out in a bad place, so a couple bad decision later here I am ,the pump and motor worked all right before, just slow and  a little weak ,so how could I switch lines from forward to reverse, they all seem to have their special place!

Not switch lines but the relief valves in motor. The nutswith the little flare fitting sticking out. You can unscrew both of them swap them hole for hole and see if it works then or goes in opposite direction.