Dads old dozer

DirtBoyz07

Looks like a 1020 Unit Crane, probably a 371 Detroit power. 10 stands for either 10 thousand pounds capacity or 10 tons, I can't remember. The 20 is for 20 cubic feet or .75 yards  capacity for digging or for a shovel front. Years ago when I started driving I was loaded many times by a 514 Unit with a .5 yard shovel front. I learned how to back under it, you had to be spot on. It had a very smooth running straight 8 Chrysler engine. The Ford probably had a 332 V8 which was a common engine in that vintage truck. I don't know what the difference between it and the 330 other than the 330 is newer.

DWF

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments, it’s been a lot of fun doing this project and honoring our dad . Also fun to hear you guys tell me about this equipment he used run back then . I’m sure both my folks smiling down , mom was really good with all the pictures and today that’s all I have 😊

Danny 

• Like 1

All I can say is WOW!

Now It looks like you need some practice restoring old Cats. I have a 7U D4 serial # 18 (1947) with matching numbers. I'll allow you to borrow it to practice restorations on😉!

I really missed going to the show this year. Wife has been having some immune systems issues this summer that blew all of our plans outta the water. They finally got a handle on it🥰.

How long has your dad's truck been at the Truck Museum? I was there a few years ago. My 2nd daughter and her family are in Cedar Rapids. Next time we are down that way I may have to go back just to see your dad's truck! The Cat Museum too!

I am truly envious of you. My dad had a model R JD and an AC CA wfe. Both were sold after he quit farming while I was still in the Army. I tried me best to track them down after I retired from the Army but no luck. Best I can do is the 5 bar rake my dad had. And here you are with the dozer and scraper! That's fantastic!

Rick

The truck has been down at the I 80 for 6 years now , they said I could keep it there as long as I wanted . The way I look at it dad would be super excited to know his old truck is there on display for everyone to enjoy. Rick , thanks for the offer to restore your old dozer but I am backed way up on my work load 😳 We have those two little tractors to get done that are going to Austria , oh plus all the other projects that need to get done .

Danny

• Haha 1

UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOVE your story and the pix.!!! THANKS for sharing them!!!

On 10/7/2021 at 10:21 PM, DirtBoyz07 said:

The truck has been down at the I 80 for 6 years now , they said I could keep it there as long as I wanted . The way I look at it dad would be super excited to know his old truck is there on display for everyone to enjoy. Rick , thanks for the offer to restore your old dozer but I am backed way up on my work load 😳 We have those two little tractors to get done that are going to Austria , oh plus all the other projects that need to get done .

Danny

Kinda figured that's what I'd get told🤣!

Rick