IH 1466 ser # 7103

On 10/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, jobee1066 said:

Definately a cool tractor.

Are those chrome shifter handles painted black?

Sure looks like it!  Leftover 56 shifters?  One must wonder.

• Like 1

Very cool!  I am glad you were able to save it.  They always say that the first and the last of something are the most valuable!  I look forward to seeing it shined up.  Some very unique features on it! Congratulations,  Sir!

Very cool!  I am glad you were able to save it.  They always say that the first and the last of something are the most valuable!  I look forward to seeing it shined up.  Some very unique features on it! Congratulations,  Sir!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

X-4????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Couple new finds today.

The front axle seems to have a different hole pattern than production 14’s.

I noticed driving it that the T/A lever is approx. 2.5” shorter than my other 66’s.

Did 56 series have shorter T/A handles?

E7439489-0762-4E6A-84E4-12CF7B37DB14.jpeg

E1073DD2-FBF8-44FE-9E2D-4324528D17E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

Couple new finds today.

I noticed driving it that the T/A lever is approx. 2.5” shorter than my other 66’s.

I believe the handles were shorter on the 56 series, hood panel wasn't as high. Looks like they were chrome under the black paint. cool you got this to save it!

I still have 500 acres of beans to cut but Mother Nature is not cooperating!  Today 7103 got into the shop and we pulled the cab off.  Hired man gave it a little going over with the pressure washer.  
  I did notice that it has had the smv bracket on the back of the seat like a open station tractor would have had.

Also the model 100 pump has a smooth cover and a decal with the “warning” on it that most pumps have made into the cover.

Got lots of work to do.  Hopefully back to cutting beans tomorrow!

43C1D22F-E10B-48FB-9FAB-5916D320FDD6.jpeg

67174605-1E00-4412-AE1E-5A0B9195A03E.jpeg

99623F59-59E8-4844-B75B-9FE0C97EC358.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, billonthefarm said:

Couple new finds today.

Yes, the handles are shorter on a 56, just as red farmer said.

• 1 month later...

Eric I've been laughed at told I don't know what I'm talking about but ive got a memory from ****, About 1989-90 my brother bought some guy's collection of puller magazines/newspapers . it was in a early 70s paper style puller there was a close upside shot of a 1466 narrow front with emblems . I didn't know anything about preproduction or anything, but I knew I'd never seen real model emblems on a 66. Tractor had old 45 deg 30.5s on it to.

Cool tractor .neat find, NO TURBO DECAL!

9 hours ago, shot_gun_red said:

Eric I've been laughed at told I don't know what I'm talking about but ive got a memory from ****, About 1989-90 my brother bought some guy's collection of puller magazines/newspapers . it was in a early 70s paper style puller there was a close upside shot of a 1466 narrow front with emblems . I didn't know anything about preproduction or anything, but I knew I'd never seen real model emblems on a 66. Tractor had old 45 deg 30.5s on it to.

Cool tractor .neat find, NO TURBO DECAL!

There were definitely 66’s that had badges.  Dont know how many got into customer hands but there are pictures.  This tractor doesnt have turbo decals but it appears to have been repainted and they just did not get a set put back on.  All the pics I have seen the tractors had the turbo decals. 

I'm trying to remember....was it on here (Red Power) or on one of the IH groups on FB? But somebody had pictures of the 1st 1466 a couple years ago. It was still running, almost seems like maybe the original farm family that bought it new still had it? I want to say it was in Pennsylvania? Or somewhere else in the Northeast. Sorry I can't remember the details better, but someone had pictures of it. Now if serial #2 could be found, you could meet someplace for a reunion of the first three 1466s.

Neat tractor...hard to believe it would be a 50 year old tractor anymore.

21 hours ago, SDman said:

I'm trying to remember....was it on here (Red Power) or on one of the IH groups on FB? But somebody had pictures of the 1st 1466 a couple years ago. It was still running, almost seems like maybe the original farm family that bought it new still had it? I want to say it was in Pennsylvania? Or somewhere else in the Northeast. Sorry I can't remember the details better, but someone had pictures of it. Now if serial #2 could be found, you could meet someplace for a reunion of the first three 1466s.

The first 1066 is somewhere in IA I believe.  It changed hands a couple years ago at auction.  If you google you can find it.  It was a Auaman auction.  The first 1066 is in really nice shape!  

On 12/25/2021 at 11:40 PM, SDman said:

I believe that the 1st 1466 was shown here in a post.  Just don’t know what post it was in? 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:24 AM, Farmall1066 said:

I believe that the 1st 1466 was shown here in a post.  Just don’t know what post it was in? 

Glad I wasn't the only one that remembered that...I just can't remember if it was on here(RPM) or on one of the Facebook IH groups. IIRC, it was an open station 1466 in Pennsylvania. It was a couple years back...it wasn't the 1066 that sold here recently in Iowa that was serial #1. Seemed like the post was made by a service technician that went to the customer's farm to work on another red tractor and happened to come upon the SN#1 1466 that the tech knew this customer owned. By the picture, the tractor still looked to be in good shape overall. Wish I could find it now.

9 hours ago, SDman said:

Seemed like the post was made by a service technician that went to the customer's farm to work on another red tractor and happened to come upon the SN#1 1466 that the tech knew this customer owned. By the picture, the tractor still looked to be in good shape overall. Wish I could find it now.

We are thinking the same thing! I saw it here on the forums, it was sitting in front of a barn, or a shed, open station tractor, and I believe it was shared in a post about something other than the first 1466.  I’m sure it was a serial number related post?! 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 6:47 AM, Farmall1066 said:

We are thinking the same thing! I saw it here on the forums, it was sitting in front of a barn, or a shed, open station tractor, and I believe it was shared in a post about something other than the first 1466.  I’m sure it was a serial number related post?! 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I would love to talk to the owner of #1.  Curious if they are twins.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, jobee1066 said:

Definately a cool tractor.

Are those chrome shifter handles painted black?

Yep they sure are.  If you notice the t/a lever is a 56 not a 66.  It’s a couple inches shorter.

• 3 weeks later...

7103 has found its way back into the shop.  It got kicked out so I could work on other projects but it’s time.  Lots to do.  Will pull the tin work first.  One of my bigger decisions whether or not to remove the intercooler.  What do you guys think?  It was not on there when it left the factory for sure but it is kinda cool.

18C9568C-48F8-43A7-A315-F389CA1EF4AF.jpeg

• Like 2

X3 

Maybe it left with the intercooler and was a demo tractor that was super strong

• Like 2