Parts on back order

Pete1468

It's getting to be a bigger problem then it should be.  I've had an oil temp sensor for the quadtrac on order since June.  It was supposed to be in there first of Aug.  They still can't give me a date yet.  Today I called and asked for a water pump style bearing for my 1083 corn head.  Parts guy said two guys came in and took the 24 he had on hand.  Tried to order it and the computer said back order.  Luckily his other store had one for me to grab.  I just took one as usually I'm the unlucky one that gets told sorry I'm out the last guy was hording them.  How many others are waiting on parts from the dealer.  I know it's not just a case ih thing either, all colors are going through this.  

Those water pump type bearings are readily available at John Deere I bet , I always get the runaround at CaseIH when I need parts 

Getting pretty bad, afraid it's going to get worse. Have a lot of money wrapped up in parts right now and more incomplete jobs than I've ever had. Small gripe I know but nobody has conversion kits for IH couplers.

55 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

It's getting to be a bigger problem then it should be.  I've had an oil temp sensor for the quadtrac on order since June.  It was supposed to be in there first of Aug.  They still can't give me a date yet.  Today I called and asked for a water pump style bearing for my 1083 corn head.  Parts guy said two guys came in and took the 24 he had on hand.  Tried to order it and the computer said back order.  Luckily his other store had one for me to grab.  I just took one as usually I'm the unlucky one that gets told sorry I'm out the last guy was hording them.  How many others are waiting on parts from the dealer.  I know it's not just a case ih thing either, all colors are going through this.  

That parts issues are widespread Pete.   Tires are even an issue.  People are hoarding some parts.   Think of the poor basta?!$ that have DEF issues and can’t get sensors to run the vehicle.    I know a few that are sitting dead in the water.  

• Like 2

We went through a shortage of Annhydrous applicator knives earlier this year. Took til August before our original order came in which was made in Mid May. Have next year's needs on hand in the shop because Christ knows if you can get them next year.

Ordered the plastic door trim on the 7230 Magnum we bought this summer when I freshened the cab up. Called 5 places that were all on backorder. Got lucky and got one a month and a half later. Got told in essence treat it like gold because God knows when they can get more  

Was at the dealer earlier in August when this subject came up in conversation. The parts guy picked up a printed list. 5 pages long of parts they ordered that are on backorder. Some dating back to April. 

Not the same thing but some of the greenhouse pots we ordered in December still aren't here.  We even prepaid for them back in December at the early order price.  Had the option of a refund this summer but I thought I would use them eventually next year.  USA manufactured too.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, acem said:

It's not just ag, it's everything.

Yes…tried to get my 9 year old a pair of 8 wide turf shoes & come to find out can’t find very many plain 8 wide tennis shoes because the ports are closed / backed up.

Needed a new pair of rubber boots and luckily TSC had a pair today. 

I’m not a big Walmart shopper, but, to help my wife when I can, sometimes I run earlier in the morning (5-6), or later at night (after 9) to Wallyword to get random or bulky things she needs.  I notice frequently there are random empty shelves. And not just TP or the ammo section. Just odd blank spaces.  Last week Gatorade was on the local news. Nobody had any. And I wanted a 4 or 8 pack of packing tape. They always have it, but not yesterday. $4-5 single rolls only 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pt756 said:

so how much is lp now? i asked a month ago and guy said 1.79 a gallon.

I contracted my winter supply for $1.66 (had to prepay half)

It is now $1.76

Last year contracted for $0.99

Its awful, been waiting since june for 15a square D breakers, just plain old single pole, have a stack of work tickets in a special pile of all the people i have to go back and replace 20’s with 15’s because i had to do something. Had a lady with generator needed an oil pressure switch, Generac changes the specs on their switches whenever their engineers change their underwear, so none of the ones i had on hand were right. Ordered it first week of July just saw it Wednesday. Lead time on a new generator is 10 months. Used to be 1.5 weeks. 

• Confused 1

Maybe I should have started a thread, these are on back order, here's what I used or found to help others out.

• Like 1

Hate to tell you guys, but we've had corn planter parts ordered last Jan/Feb for this past spring....and they're still on backorder. Maybe we will get them in time for next spring? Wouldn't bet on that.

The combine plant in Grand Island called up dealerships this spring for various combine parts as they couldn't get them from their normal supplier. We let some of our combine parts go back, and they still have not been replaced for our normal inventory.

I had heard last month that the combine plant had 300+ new combines sitting at the plant waiting for tires.

We've been selling CAPS pump parts to truck dealerships as they claim they can't get anything from Cummins right now.

• Sad 1

Headsight has LOTS of orders for steering systems and height control we just could not fill because of backlog in wiring and un-availablity of connectors.   IDK how much time I spent online trying to find 5 or 10 of something from some ebay reseller....at 2 or 3 times the price.    

I just got a notice from our main wiring supplier that WEATHERPACK terminals are not available......

We just received 3 combines that should have been here in June.  The trucker that delivered one told us they haven't shipped ANY combines to North Dakota (harvest is not important/started yet there???).  When he left G.I. yesterday there were 10? combines assembled, less the rotor that he knew of. Many, many more are missing parts that need to be installed before shipping....

The worst parts Backorder story I know of is for a GM fuel injector...due to arrive in September...........2022! 

Brand X is having the same back order issues. 

7 hours ago, Bermuda_Ken said:

We just received 3 combines that should have been here in June.  The trucker that delivered one told us they haven't shipped ANY combines to North Dakota (harvest is not important/started yet there???).  When he left G.I. yesterday there were 10? combines assembled, less the rotor that he knew of. Many, many more are missing parts that need to be installed before shipping....

The worst parts Backorder story I know of is for a GM fuel injector...due to arrive in September...........2022! 

Brand X is having the same back order issues. 

Seen a bunch of new red combines go through here last week on their trek north to either North Dakota or on up into Canada. Lot of machines from Grand Island go through here as our main highway routes those truckers away from several weigh stations and checkpoints. Plus its a lightly travelled road. North Dakota probably doesn't have much of a harvest to look forward to as they got hit pretty hard with the drought(not sure how north into Canada is).

On 10/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, Pete1468 said:

I've had an oil temp sensor for the quadtrac on order since June.  

Pete, what oil temp sensor do you need? One for either of the filter heads on either side of the engine? I might have one in my "non-catalogued parts inventory"....also known as my toolbox.