Land pride FPS48 price?

vtfireman85

Saw this food plot seeder, looks kinda cool, but didn’t inquire about price, anyone ever buy one?   

F0452FFD-E1FA-469D-B434-315A96A2BEC5.jpeg

That looks like quite the creation.  I would think a super small pull disc, a separate spreader either 3pt or pull time, and a packer for seed to soil contact would work much better then something that light duty.  Just my opinion of course.  That would then be 3 trips across the field or plot vs one with the land pride creation.

The things that people will buy to have a food plot. A spike harrow with a railroad tie on it would probably be more aggressive than that disc gang on the front and it sure wouldn’t cost $3,000. If you played your cards right you probably could find one that someone would pay you to haul off. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

The things that people will buy to have a food plot. A spike harrow with a railroad tie on it would probably be more aggressive than that disc gang on the front and it sure wouldn’t cost $3,000. If you played your cards right you probably could find one that someone would pay you to haul off. 

Had a conversation with dealer sometime over summer.  Owner said that since covid hit they have sold more equipment to feed the deer then imaginable.  Here we don't need to do anything special.  They come in from all directions on their own.

4 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Had a conversation with dealer sometime over summer.  Owner said that since covid hit they have sold more equipment to feed the deer then imaginable.  Here we don't need to do anything special.  They come in from all directions on their own.

If it was me I would just get some old farm equipment and put it in with that if I had some time to burn. The rigs that I see people hauling around blow my mind. Brand new pickup pulling a brand new trailer with a brand new compact tractor with a loader on it pulling some goofball seeder like that. It would be cheaper to call the local co-op and buy a couple of hopper bottom trailer loads of corn to feed to the precious deer who have apparently forgotten how to fend for themselves in the past 10 or 15 years. 

• Haha 1

Fischer Price or Bob the Builder?

Looks like one of those bubble lawnmowers my 3 y.o. nephew pushes around :D

Looking at the prices on some of these "implements" people actually buy, definitely shows the quality of our publi... edit, could start pol disc.

That said, I do get a lot of work done with my ATV and have thought about building a box blade implement for my King Quad.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I am not talking to you guys anymore. 

Come on Seth, at least Mark would have said “I hate him”. 😊

You could do 10x the work for 1/2 the money on larger scale equipment.  I doubt that tool will go in the ground very well. I’ve done a lot with the heaviest 8’ mounted disk that money could buy (former job) and it still wouldn’t cut the ground much at all. An old wheel disk and a bag seeder would do the same and most likely better in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Come on Seth, at least Mark would have said “I hate him”. 😊

You could do 10x the work for 1/2 the money on larger scale equipment.  I doubt that tool will go in the ground very well. I’ve done a lot with the heaviest 8’ mounted disk that money could buy (former job) and it still wouldn’t cut the ground much at all. An old wheel disk and a bag seeder would do the same and most likely better in all honesty. 

I was just curious about it anyway, don’t really have use, I just see stuff like this and wonder what it costs.. same with some 3 point accessories for compact tractors. People actually buy weight boxes?? Why take off a 500 lb implement to put on a 500 lb counter weight? Makes absolutely no sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I was just curious about it anyway, don’t really have use, I just see stuff like this and wonder what it costs.. same with some 3 point accessories for compact tractors. People actually buy weight boxes?? Why take off a 500 lb implement to put on a 500 lb counter weight? Makes absolutely no sense to me. 

I get it. Most of that tiny stuff is waaaaay over priced in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

You could ‘probably’ pull it with an 8N, Seth. 

2n went down the road on a rattletrap trailer that looked about as special as it did. 

I put in a couple food plots this summer and this is what I discovered, both plots were sprayed with round up two weeks before I started working the ground.

Patch number one was sprayed the week of the fourth of july, the owner had cut the grass two weeks prior so it was nice and short but had enough regrowth for the spray to work. I didn't want to Moldboard plow this plot because of its irregular shape, I took my mounted field cultivator first to rip the dead sod. Then I took my eight foot county line disk over it numerous times over the next two weeks. This plot is right across the fence line from me so I just went back after a good rain settled things and disked it. Plot number one was seeded the second weekend in August.

Plot number two was at a friend's camp a few miles away. The plot was not cut before hand so I used the plow for this one. One plow pass and three disk passes, not the best plow job, it was ready for seeding. Plot two was seeded labor day weekend.

Both plots turned out nice and everyone is satisfied.with the outcome. If I had to do it over I would plow plot one also, it did a much better job with less passes. I don't see how that machine or any like it could go into fallow ground and make anything satisfactory. It might do ok resending food plots in following years but the initial time you would need something much heavier.

• Thanks 1

An old horse drawn corn planter would work lightyears better. That garden equiptment is usually pretty lightly built.

• Like 1