2388 to 1020 Height Control Connections

davdue

We bought a 2388 combine from a used salvage place and then a 810 & a 1020 header from an individual.  The connections on the header do not match the connections on the combine.  We have a round 9 pin connector on the header that goes to the auto height sensor.  The header is an early model ‘86 - ‘02 model.  I can’t remember what the combine is but everything I have found online all the 2388 have the two connectors a 3 pin for height and a 5 pin for field tracker.  Does any one have the pin out and the header connector part number?  I’ll attach some pics of what we have. 

600AD8C3-E528-4745-B56E-39317702A5E8.jpeg

84283EB3-3B5B-4761-86D0-C7C9874F0E17.jpeg

7DB93B00-8F5E-4638-8BD0-51BB88133A94.jpeg

X2.   Not sure WHAT that is on your head.   I thought I knew almost all of the AHC systems ever....but I've never seen that one!   The 9 pin connector is the same plug as the 7720 JD combines used, but the pinout is wrong.

You need to put the OEM sensors and harness on the header.  You may wish to go straight to Hart Carter (HHC), may be less than the CIH Dealer.

EDIT:  One of my co-workers pointed out that that is the Big-Shaver sensor- a raise and lower signal to a special switch unit, for combines that had no AHC.   

1 hour ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

X2.   Not sure WHAT that is on your head.   I thought I knew almost all of the AHC systems ever....but I've never seen that one!   The 9 pin connector is the same plug as the 7720 JD combines used, but the pinout is wrong.

You need to put the OEM sensors and harness on the header.  You may wish to go straight to Hart Carter (HHC), may be less than the CIH Dealer.

EDIT:  One of my co-workers pointed out that that is the Big-Shaver sensor- a raise and lower signal to a special switch unit, for combines that had no AHC.   

It looks like the old Rek Tin system I had on my first 1460 and 915.