New toys came, sadly brokenšŸ¤¬

vtfireman85

Found these on marketplace for 68 bucks, talked to the guy, worked out arrangements they came extremely well packed but sadly the tail wheel is broken off the plow and I never did find the hand crank. Sighā€¦Ā 

214CA533-C561-4AD2-88DD-16E84F939D5D.jpeg

78B4E9AA-AD4F-4C40-8AF2-A72996821DA7.jpeg

1A8F37AE-6993-4E59-96C8-A7B8BBFDB19A.jpeg

F042DB2D-4744-4E8D-A112-FC752694E7C6.jpeg

D8A42945-53F0-4EE1-A36B-F3DFBD9EA053.jpeg

• Sad 5

13 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

That sure stinks!! Was the package damaged? Or did the seller, sell it broken?

Pictures show intact, it was well packed but so extremely fragile, I think it just happened.Ā 

l belong to several farm toy groups on FB and seems like in the past few years a lot of guys are receiving broke toys. Some want to blame FedEx or UPS, but most understand that the high detail toys are just more fragile and more prone to breakage.

Twenty or thirty years ago, farm toys were built for kids to play with so less detail and made tougher. But now days in order to get the details that collectors want, they build with smaller and more fragile parts.

Hopefully you and the guy you bought it from can work out something. And you might can check out some of the farm toy parts sellers. They could possibly have the part you need.

• Like 2

Is the tail wheel shank plastic, metal or resin?

Mike

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Is the tail wheel shank plastic, metal or resin?

Mike

Cast and about as big as a pencil lead.Ā 

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Cast and about as big as a pencil lead.Ā 

You can clean off the paint & solder it. Then repaint it. That will hold up best. Some thick CA glue would work, but you really wouldn't want to move it after that. Suppose you could set up a small diorama showing someone welding it back on??

Mike

03492c4882dd48cd81ade80c113262f9.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

You can clean off the paint & solder it. Then repaint it. That will hold up best. Some thick CA glue would work, but you really wouldn't want to move it after that. Suppose you could set up a small diorama showing someone welding it back on??

Mike

That unblemished skin gives me an inkling there could be some Photoshop skullduggery behind that image. Call it a hunch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KWRB said:

That unblemished skin gives me an inkling there could be some Photoshop skullduggery behind that image. Call it a hunch.

No little round scars around the neckline like i have? Something about those little round balls of molten metal, they keep on burning no matter how you try to escape.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

What ashame a friend of mine bought that plow like yours Ā I think he said it was a Franklin Mint it was pretty pricey. Hope you can fix it.Ā 

Ā 

On 9/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Mike

The educational aspect of this thread is not lost on me as I have never seen welding leathers like that in any of my cataloguesšŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

Nor have I ever welded along side a......................I better stop now........................šŸ™Š

1 hour ago, IH1975 said:

What ashame a friend of mine bought that plow like yours Ā I think he said it was a Franklin Mint it was pretty pricey. Hope you can fix it.Ā 

I am not positive how much it would be new, i gave 68 for the set. My friends dad is a model railroader, hr spends his free hours with tweezers and reading glasses looking through a jewelers loop assembling minuscule cars and equipment and landscaping Ā somewhat smaller than the old matchbox cars. I talked to him and he said he could drill it, pin it and glue itšŸ¤ÆĀ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

I am not positive how much it would be new, i gave 68 for the set. My friends dad is a model railroader, hr spends his free hours with tweezers and reading glasses looking through a jewelers loop assembling minuscule cars and equipment and landscaping Ā somewhat smaller than the old matchbox cars. I talked to him and he said he could drill it, pin it and glue itšŸ¤ÆĀ 

I forgot what he paid but it was a lot. Iā€™m a Model Railroader also (O Gauge)it will be in good hands Iā€™m sure he can fix it up nicely.Ā