Choppin Corn on a hill in the Emmental Switzerland

U-C

Berner Landtechnik really has some great videos. I subscribed to them after your post with the combine that was sliding down the hill. Great stuff!

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkorth said:

Pucker factor 12 , how do you chop hills like that bare and not have them wash away?

them hills have been farmed since the early to mid Medieval period, here is a video from the emmental area from the 1950s 

• Like 2

I believe that the truck is an Aebi. https://www.aebi-schmidt.com/en/   Building motorized mountain goats is their thing.  Aebi-Schmidt is now the parent company who owns Meyer snow plows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Bout what it is like mowing my lawn😂

is that a scania truck? 

no that is an AEBI Transporter TP 460 manufactured by the Aebi & Co. AG. in Burgdorf Switzerland, them Transporters can be used with a hay loader, manure spreader and etc. Kinda a cross between a tractor and a truck lol

1 minute ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

I believe that the truck is an Aebi. https://www.aebi-schmidt.com/en/   Building motorized mountain goats is their thing.  Aebi-Schmidt is now the parent company who owns Meyer snow plows.

yup, and Aebi goes back to 1883 when the company was founded but the founder Johann Ulrich Aebi (1846-1919) started making seed drills, firefighting pumps, and mowers on his family farm, well technically he worked in the shop and his wife ran the farm lol. JU Aebi's first machine which he build as a teenager can be viewed at a local museum, a seed drill. 

• Like 1

I appreciate you sharing it but I got to admit. My sphincter slammed shut light was glowing bright until it burnt out at 7:20 or 7:30 when those wheels got air 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:40 PM, U-C said:

them hills have been farmed since the early to mid Medieval period, here is a video from the emmental area from the 1950s 

I can't imagine having a 6 year old running the winch !

Where we are isn't that extreme, but we are in the mountains. Anyway a couple of years ago a neighbor almost rolled a silage truck because he was on a side hill and it got loaded too heavy on the downhill side. Rear tire came off the ground a couple of feet and he was able to nose it downhill and get it to sit back on all 4. I got a lot of respect for those swiss guys. They are crazier than we are.

I can't believe you flat landers fell for that trick. They ain't sliden on a hill,They ain't chopping on a hill they be on flat land holding the camera on an angle to fool you.       C'mon man, I thought you guys were fartsmellars.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, 7and8and1456 said:

In some of those videos the steepness/slope of the hillside is exaggerated by the way the camera is held.  Easy to see by the trees in the background and the corn stalks not being parallel with the edge of the pictures.  

However, the steepness of slopes is never as apparent in pictures or video as actually standing there.

I have a big valley on my new property, tried to take some pictures that give a perspective of the depth and slopes. The pictures look pretty tame, but it took me the better part of an hour to navigate my ATV up the few hundred yards, and it took using the winch to finally climb out. Any one of these, if I climbed off the wheeler, it would have tipped over.

20211009_133629.thumb.jpg.4b7dd63133f83ef229855927a00e66aa.jpg

20211009_133633.thumb.jpg.cb6d35a241551ad03f618da4e161725a.jpg

20211009_133639.thumb.jpg.644a6cafda3aca9a2490173443a05fa0.jpg

The first video in this thread shows one point where the rear wheels on the chopper are coming off the ground, and another where it can't climb the slope with AWD. That's probably pretty steep.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 7:09 PM, Lars (midessa) said:

Sure chopping awful green too. Wonder if in a trench/bunker?

it goes into those green silos made from Plexi glass