Car hoist with in floor heat.

660 driver

We recently acquired a 10,000lb 2 post car hoist. We have in floor heat in the shop. Looking for suggestions on the best way to find the lines in the floor so we can safely drill in anchors. So far all ive come up with is a thermal camera.

52 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

We recently acquired a 10,000lb 2 post car hoist. We have in floor heat in the shop. Looking for suggestions on the best way to find the lines in the floor so we can safely drill in anchors. So far all ive come up with is a thermal camera.

Thermal camera or maybe infared heat gun will guide you.

• Like 1

Put your heat on and take snow or shaved ice and spread it on the floor where you intend to mount the columns, it will become quickly apparent where the tubes are but this won’t miss rebar

• Like 1

Yup imagining camera would be the best bet, if you wanted it might be interesting to dowse (sp?) them first, but then double check with camera.

1 hour ago, zleinenbach said:

Give your local fire department a donation and see if they can bring their imaging camera 

My concrete buddy had to do some stuff in a house basement that he didn’t pour. This is exactly what he did. They marked each run out precisely.

• Like 2

If you put the floor in your self or watched it done you will have a good idea about tube spacing, that helps settle your fears when you drill. I have 6" spacing at the edge, then 9" on the second and 12" space on the third row and then 24" for the balance. The tubes are only 3" deep on 3" chairs  in a 6" slab. That said I would not drill unless i could see a clear image on a screen whats what. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 8:28 AM, just Dave said:

If you put the floor in your self or watched it done you will have a good idea about tube spacing, that helps settle your fears when you drill. I have 6" spacing at the edge, then 9" on the second and 12" space on the third row and then 24" for the balance. The tubes are only 3" deep on 3" chairs  in a 6" slab. That said I would not drill unless i could see a clear image on a screen whats what. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

My cousins husband put the tubes in amd they are at 1' spacings. Thanks so far guys.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:21 PM, Wi Ih said:

How thick is the floor? The hoists I have put in only use 4 inch anchors so if your thicker it should be ok.

5" pad for the floor.