Think I've got a good IH plow... still not rich.

Cattech

@vtfireman85 road trip..... 

I would try to find someone who would use it before recycling it 

• Like 2

appears to be plow chief points and shares on it, vs the older cast points. that would be less of a problem to get replacement parts. Also has colters, and rubber tires. It would make someone a good plow day tractor behind an H. I have accumulated a whole row of them, and most have the cast points. Don't scrap it.

1837626964_AmedeoCiminion1940FarmallH.thumb.jpg.87b09c6193c62565a97e3a77a02109a2.jpg

• Like 2

keep it ! it ain't eating hay 

I made an attempt to show the wear areas on a moldboard in yellow. if you want to inspect and or take a pic we could determine the condition

I spent 1/2 hour trying to post this . 

mold.jpg

• Like 3

Sooner or later & one way or another it will have to go. Unfortunately, Dad's stuff is going to become Dad's estate due to pancreatic cancer.

He has an H that needs TLC to be plow day ready, dad isn't up to letting it go yet. Maybe I should keep the plow and make it a package sale with the H.

• Sad 4

I would sell it not scrap it. Probably worth more sold to somebody who wants to use it. 

24 minutes ago, Cattech said:

Sooner or later & one way or another it will have to go. Unfortunately, Dad's stuff is going to become Dad's estate due to pancreatic cancer.

He has an H that needs TLC to be plow day ready, dad isn't up to letting it go yet. Maybe I should keep the plow and make it a package sale with the H.

Prayers for your Dad. Pancreatic cancer is a horrible disease.  Wishing him the best. Also prayers to you and the rest of your family  Cat tech. Just with all the trips we have made to Minneapolis for families pancreas problems you just know and see how people suffer from this disease and it is always diagnosed late in onset. 

• Like 1

Dale560, thanks for the wellwishes. It is a nasty one, especially in this case. They actually caught it early, dad had other issues and they spotted the cancer while scanning for the other problem.... started chemo, but it hasn't matter a bit, tumor has kept right on growing. Only bright thing is medical science has been able to alleviate the pain and prolong his time left. 10 years ago he would have already been gone.

5 minutes ago, Cattech said:

Dale560, thanks for the wellwishes. It is a nasty one, especially in this case. They actually caught it early, dad had other issues and they spotted the cancer while scanning for the other problem.... started chemo, but it hasn't matter a bit, tumor has kept right on growing. Only bright thing is medical science has been able to alleviate the pain and prolong his time left. 10 years ago he would have already been gone.

You have some very good pancreas doctors in the Minneapolis and Rochester area. But for the majority of people the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer isn’t a survivable condition. And a painful decimating disease 

5 hours ago, dale560 said:

You have some very good pancreas doctors in the Minneapolis and Rochester

Yes, the people treating dad are supposed to be some of the best in the country, if not the world.

And they are apologetic and non-committal. Doing what they can to help, but.....

I'm ok, have had time to accept and adjust. I just pray we can keep him home and happy, and that the end comes peacefully for him.