Followed me home

vtfireman85

I must have brain worms.. 

runs good, main clutch stuck, cant get into gear, steers with steering clutches. Diesel, has all the sheet metal PO said the winch tried to move when they brought it hime 5-6 years ago but didn’t work right??? Who knows. Chains are good, track pads have plenty of grouser , were corked but pretty well worn that off. Whoever changed the chains did not change the sprockets, so the PO said it slipped and threw chains.  

5C9C46BC-7971-43FD-9CA4-18195D9DC2AF.jpeg

AD314B3B-893C-4179-9737-0034545722D1.jpeg

3BDBC9A1-D950-46A9-B3F0-4D9C579DEBD5.jpeg

2D038FDE-7653-425B-BD6C-EA94217CA5CD.jpeg

13FBCE30-9C09-4FE6-B71C-24386C2667DB.jpeg

• Like 2

I would love an old track loader or even a dozer but it just seems like they become expensive relics once they are aged and tired.  You are more ambitious then me.  Hope you can get er going.

Just now, hobbyfarm said:

I would love an old track loader or even a dozer but it just seems like they become expensive relics once they are aged and tired.  You are more ambitious then me.  Hope you can get er going.

Its not going to get much from me unless it shows promise. With a beautiful TD-7G it really doesn’t warrant much investment. Figured I would chain blade to blade and see if I could free up the main clutch. Change fluids and filters and go from the there. Maybe used sprockets. 

If you need a place to hide it I have 40 acres of woods in North MN it could be dropped off at.

To free the main clutch... steering works, disengage steer clutches, start engine in a high gear with main clutch disengaged.... hold brakes hard, use steer clutches to load/unload main clutch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1