Replacement shifter knobs

sandhiller

This topic came up a while ago and drifted to a member with a 3D printer.

I think the results speak for themselves and this is just what my poor old 1486 needed to dress her up

Thanks OT!

Can you do headlinersūüėÜ

407144284_1486shiftknobs.thumb.jpg.474cd5b6c4c84ae125c4742a4145ee92.jpg

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I would like a set that look like a Pachmayer pistol grip in black.

To each their own.

Great looking grips.

Could get the medallions and everything ūüė䬆

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, sandhiller said:

This topic came up a while ago and drifted to a member with a 3D printer.

I think the results speak for themselves and this is just what my poor old 1486 needed to dress her up

Thanks OT!

Can you do headlinersūüėÜ

407144284_1486shiftknobs.thumb.jpg.474cd5b6c4c84ae125c4742a4145ee92.jpg

I need a pair for our 1486. Trying to bale one knob is missing other slips off.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Someone needs to do a link on 3D Printing?

The setup and costs to get going.

I could waste hours making stuff.

I looked them up. 

Start around $3K but have no idea what capability you get for that money.

@oldtanker has posted some of the stuff he has made with his.

He would be the one to fill us in maybe.

3D printers start for less than 200.  A really nice one will sell for 500-1000. The resin printer I made the shift knobs with is under 200 too.

This one is about the best bang for the buck IMO. printer About 275 with tax. The filament is about 25 for 2KG. A resin printer Resin Printer (this is the one I have) can be had for under 200 with resin costing between 20 and 30 dollars a bottle.

My current filament printer is this one and cost 600 plus tax. Printer This one has several upgrades like auto bed leveling, glass build plate and broken filament detector. 

But the shift knobs below:

1350246157_IMG_2101(2).thumb.JPG.f3796c02a0f0101d887652da53b8512c.JPG

Were made on the less than 200 dollar resin printer.

Rick

• Like 1

Sumtn must be wrong with my phone. I click those printer links and my alphabeticals is all out of order!ūü§Ē

Thanks for the info Rick. Interesting.

33 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

3D printers start for less than 200.  A really nice one will sell for 500-1000. The resin printer I made the shift knobs with is under 200 too.

This one is about the best bang for the buck IMO. printer About 275 with tax. The filament is about 25 for 2KG. A resin printer Resin Printer (this is the one I have) can be had for under 200 with resin costing between 20 and 30 dollars a bottle.

My current filament printer is this one and cost 600 plus tax. Printer This one has several upgrades like auto bed leveling, glass build plate and broken filament detector. 

But the shift knobs below:

1350246157_IMG_2101(2).thumb.JPG.f3796c02a0f0101d887652da53b8512c.JPG

Were made on the less than 200 dollar resin printer.

Rick

Maybe you could 3D print a 3 point for your M. :) 

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, stronger800 said:

And just like that……..off the rails we go 

I have NEVER had a thread of mine go off the rails ūüôĄ

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I have NEVER had a thread of mine go off the rails ūüôĄ

Oh, really ???

Now, you really   are  entering the realms of fantasy........you must remember  those funny things you called ''firearms''    sitting out side on some chairs or small table.....you know, those ones made up of black ''leggo''   pieces and bits ...they fired plastic  ''bullets'' as I recall.......and you were going to hunt plastic gophers..or was it plastic gender neutral   goats........

And I reminded  you that shiny   ass    (normally spelt   with an 'r' and   'e'   )sod buster's  ..out there in the cultural deserts of   Nebraska  had to have proper firearms ....ones with a tubular   magazine and   lever with which to engage the rim of the catrtridge, to slid it..erotically , up into the breach....and a hammer to pull  back...and a fine buckhorn rear site ..made by ''Marble   Arms ""   (since 1906..)  and   then....you can call your self a hunter.....not some two bit excrement kicker who thinks a bloody ''leggo' gun   is something  to take hunting...that is just for poofters from inside the city limits.....  with Dodge  ''goats ''   or whatever they are called...

....and that is how your threads go south......you always answer   back

Mike

(..hope Rusty doesn't read this...I will be right in the crap ......for derailing the thread.....:mellow: )

5 hours ago, mike newman said:

and that is how your threads go south......you always answer   back

I do not!

I think that billy goat tea your always imbibing¬† is hallucinogenic.ūü•ī

Maybe you'd better back off a couple a cups a day

Now on the subject YOU brought up.

I am not out to please anyone from the Lego set to the purists who hang things in walls to make a pretty picture.

I own what makes me happy.

Be it 308 or .32 Win spcl.

IMG_20210928_071245494.thumb.jpg.cb62158a2e65a5721a5e177002f878e7.jpg

The only two i own by the way and even they might have went down with the dingy during Hurricane Bill on Merritt Reservoir.

Now if you make a derogatory comment about the length of my bbl.........well that's just fightin' words and we is gonna have to meet behind the barnūüĎĮ

And I forgot what this thread was about anyway and I have a broken upscroller on my majic word box

• Haha 1

Well now, I so enjoy the "fun" we all have here. We all get the idea Mike likes seeing all our dozers dressed up in as much pig iron as we can bolt/weld on em. As for derailing the thread, I guess there's a first for everyone.  Sandhiller, great assortment of pellet shooters you have there, and to help keep your thread on track, I will send a peak at my 308. A bit heavy, but def does the trick 

MarkIMG_20160215_120050909_TOP.thumb.jpg.07b775996474bf5c91d4a211ca4f8309.jpg

• Like 1