1086 on auger

ISP1086

That's a common setup around here. Not sure I would want any smaller than a 1086 on a 13" but it should run it no problem. A neighbour used to run one on a 1086 and one on a NH 9030 bidi

No problem, we run a 13"× 81' Westfield swing auger with a 1206. Not sure of angle but it's 47' to the center fill of our wet holding bin so it's pretty steep. We've ran as high as 28% corn thru it. That makes the 1206 snort, anything under 25% we can pretty much run full capacity. At times we e used a 806D on the auger a couple times but you have to take it easy. Ive been looking for a open station 1066 to put on the auger & eventually go to a 13"×91' auger and retire the 12 which was originally bought to show.

I would think a 1086 would be plenty in a 13” that size, even with wet corn. I’m sure it would shear the bolt on the driveline without much effort. I have used a 4440 on a 13”x90something swing away here for years. It can put a pretty big load on it with wet corn. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I guess the days of an M on the auger is over?

To think our Farmall A was our auger tractor and the 1086 was our big horse. The auger I think was a 7” x 48'. The A did pretty good if the corn wasn’t too wet. I remember having to be careful not too overflow the spreader in the bin. Beans required a bigger tractor if you cared about getting done. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:58 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

For most of the corn belt yes I think they are.

We've put a 656 diesel or 560 gas on a 10" x 71' Westfield auger.  Works fine but you can work them pretty hard if the corn is wet.  We run a 10" x 80" Westfield with a 1066.  I think it would work fine on a 13" but I'd probably wouldn't run it at full capacity with corn over 24% until I'd played with it a little bit.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

Especially if Old tanker has a say about it.

• Haha 2