Found a 1586 in north ALABAMA

jnbru

It's bank owned. Open center hydraulic pump with  Digital tack.  I can hear a noise in transmission, but it pulls in all of the gears.  I think the hydraulic pumps are sucking air. They said the ta was slipping.  But they are not IH people.  They say the Bank will take 6500 or best offer. Good looking 23 degree Firestone tires. I really don't need another tractor.  I came out Illinois.  I'm not sure if it's worth the money for me.  1086 are much more popular here.  You think it's possible to make money on it?

20210919_170850.thumb.jpg.be2949101d6409c34d4aa467b2bcd77b.jpg20210919_171213.thumb.jpg.468417fd16baa8231ce8da03717b9b90.jpg20210919_171039.thumb.jpg.ca250647b404a083eb03a3f70382e9e7.jpg20210919_170850.thumb.jpg.be2949101d6409c34d4aa467b2bcd77b.jpg

• Like 3

It's got it potential. I know what would happen if I tried it. I would end up with every penny it's worth in repairs and then end up getting 500 less than that out of it. 🤔 you may have better luck. Seriously tho I would say it could go either way depending on what's really wrong with it and how easy it would sell in your area.

9 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

better plan for a whole new front end with all those weights on it........

We always had 18 case IH weights on our 12 weight bracket on our 1586 and left the duals on also. We never got the memo to remove the weights

I counted 12 weights.  You could probably get $150 a piece here in PA.  Let's just say $1500 for the set.  If you sold those duals for $800 or more you would only have $4000 in the tractor.  Now if you are like me no way would you sell that stuff. 😁

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

better plan for a whole new front end with all those weights on it........

Yeah, those 1586’s were pretty light duty…🙄

This 1586 has been for sale a while at a JD dealer 145 miles away. I looked at it last March it is a fair tractor. Surprised some jockey hasn’t bought it yet. This tractor would be same month serial number as the one you are looking at. Gives you idea of prices in other parts of United States

7C50EC62-AE7D-491E-BF3A-251247922357.png

8 hours ago, dale560 said:

This 1586 has been for sale a while at a JD dealer 145 miles away. I looked at it last March it is a fair tractor. Surprised some jockey hasn’t bought it yet. This tractor would be same month serial number as the one you are looking at. Gives you idea of prices in other parts of United States

7C50EC62-AE7D-491E-BF3A-251247922357.png

$12,900 for a 1586, there's no meat left on the bone for a tractor jockey even by Northeast standards.

If I could get $12,900 for mine it would be gone. With all new tires I'd be lucky to get $7500 out of it. Nobody wants them, not even WNY farmers.

17 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

$12,900 for a 1586, there's no meat left on the bone for a tractor jockey even by Northeast standards.

If I could get $12,900 for mine it would be gone. With all new tires I'd be lucky to get $7500 out of it. Nobody wants them, not even WNY farmers.

Up here they will sell those tractors they consider stale inventory ( older not selling quickly ) to jockeys that will buy a few pieces off of them. Usually at a discounted price and usually leaving the area. Local dealer would package up all the older combines 9650 JD and earlier especially high housed. They got sent to Mexico. Tractors the same way anything odd got priced out to other tractor dealers way cheaper than general public just to move them and get rid of a cheap sale making newer inventory more attractive.

It’s a 1979 /Red Power Special and I with the other guys , you better grab it up , lots of rubber , 10 bolt duals , weights and it don’t look that bad to me 🤔If you can do your own work you can get it going 👍😊

Danny

Looks like a good tractor. The seats and door panels are decent so i expect the hours aren't too high.

If you want the tractor it's a fair price in the southern market. However I couldn't make much on it in the south.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

I read this title, with its all caps "ALABAMA", line the scene from Forest Gump, where he tells Jenny loud enough for her boyfriend to hear, that she should come home with him to "GREENBOUGH ALABAMA!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, KWRB said:

I read this title, with its all caps "ALABAMA", line the scene from Forest Gump, where he tells Jenny loud enough for her boyfriend to hear, that she should come home with him to "GREENBOUGH ALABAMA!!"

Since that movie, that's exactly how I pronounce ALABAMA

• Haha 2

I have seen much worse! A full rack of weights, good tires, and axle duals make it very attractive! Interestingly, it has the Western interior seat, but red right hand door panel... and with the lower door pocket! The door grab handles are nice, although they weren't really needed in that year with the inside upper door handle to slam it shut. It might just need a full service to help the hydraulic whine, but who knows on the transmission noise that you hear.

5 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Since that movie, that's exactly how I pronounce ALABAMA

Me too!!!

I'm also incapable of not calling every Jenny I meet JENNAY!

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:11 PM, Farmall Doctor said:

I have seen much worse! A full rack of weights, good tires, and axle duals make it very attractive! Interestingly, it has the Western interior seat, but red right hand door panel... and with the lower door pocket! The door grab handles are nice, although they weren't really needed in that year with the inside upper door handle to slam it shut. It might just need a full service to help the hydraulic whine, but who knows on the transmission noise that you hear.

The seat looks to be the burgundy seat back and the bottom has been replaced with a tan. The 1486 red power we have the seat is faded the same color. Not that it makes a huge price difference but this is right serial no for red power demo and is a real one from the factory. I don’t think they will ever be worth crazy numbers like a gold demonstrators but the 86 series are bringing good money now and eventually these will be worth more than a regular tractor. Especially most of the demonstrators were 1486s so any other model would be more rare from factory.