3788 No Remote Hydraulics.

Wisconsin Ron

They quit all of a sudden. Haven't been able to investigate yet. Original pph piston pump in there. If it boils down to that pump are new ones available? I see remans are. What luck people been having with the remans?  There 7200 hours on that original pump. Like to avoid kitting it over to a gear pump. Hope it something more simple. Any input greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

What were you doing when it quit ? Those pumps are pretty simple to rebuild It takes alot more testing to see what failed usually the O-ring blows on the pump flange but  I've also had the compensator dart valve break so many things that can go haywire with them pumps 

Another thing to look for that I have seen happen is the snap ring that holds the gear in place that drives the pump will fall out and the gear will walk on the shaft and no longer mesh with the pump. It's a cheap and relatively easy fix but most times the shaft on the pump breaks off.

12 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Another thing to look for that I have seen happen is the snap ring that holds the gear in place that drives the pump will fall out and the gear will walk on the shaft and no longer mesh with the pump. It's a cheap and relatively easy fix but most times the shaft on the pump breaks off.

The pump has to be totally disassembled to replace the gear or snap ring I've rebuilt dozens of those pump Them pumps were manufactured by parker hannafin corp.

3 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

The pump has to be totally disassembled to replace the gear or snap ring I've rebuilt dozens of those pump Them pumps were manufactured by parker hannafin corp.

I was referring to the gear on the ipto shaft. I should have specified that. 

1 hour ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I was referring to the gear on the ipto shaft. I should have specified that. 

Ok then the PTO has to be taken out and the rear PTO shaft  has to be removed to replace the snap ring to replace the gear it will require spitting the the tractor the gear wont clear the obstruction inside the transmission case

Haven't had much time to mess with it so far. Had a tiny drip coming from skid plates all summer running or not so got them off and washed under there and see it leaking between steering pump flange and the belly casting. Parts book says there a gasket in there so I be ordering new. Pulled filters and they not plugged. Drained all hytran. Hopefully find time to pull hitch pump tomorrow.

Archived