JD 3150 and a wood splitter

bitty

One of my landlords has a 3150 he inherited from the bachelor that gave him the farm. He wants to run a wood splitter off of it . He was saying that it has a coupler for the hydraulic plow reset on the back of the tractor. Way he is saying it might have been hooked up to that. Would this work like that? I haven't looked at it yet, kinda hoping for freezing weather as he has rattlesnakes there 

I forgot to say that he just got it fixed as it had a metal tube internally burst in the transmission. I am not sure if this is from him trying to run it incorrectly. I assume that tractor is closed center hydraulic

Yes its closed center, not sure why a pipe in the tranny would burst its internally protected from pressure spikes

I would think the only thing other than an scv that a hydraulic reset plow could be hooked to would be a power beyond. I’m not real familiar with a 3150, but on Waterloo built tractors they did make a coupler kit for the power beyond plate. A wood splitter would run off of that if that’s what it is. 

• Thanks 1

Those tractors were made in Germany That hydraulic tube failure must have been exclusive to those models then any of the larger frame tractor made in the US didn't have those issues