1066 #62048

Finally getting around to posting it because I know some of y’all would be interested in the story, my dad has had what is believed to be the last 1066 made! Aka the newest one ? Haha. Him and my grandfather bought it brand new in 76’. It was my dads first tractor! We may just have a small piece of history! 

E22FF484-9C76-40E1-83D9-7B656E457C00.jpeg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, MyersFarmEastTN said:

Finally getting around to posting it because I know some of y’all would be interested in the story, my dad has had what is believed to be the last 1066 made! Aka the newest one ? Haha. Him and my grandfather bought it brand new in 76’. It was my dads first tractor! We may just have a small piece of history! 

E22FF484-9C76-40E1-83D9-7B656E457C00.jpeg

If it is the last one gotta be valuable. There's only a few tractor models in the IH family that are iconic. I would say M,1026,1066 and when you get into the CIH's would be the first Magnum's.

Please don't torch me on my choices as iconic, just the models that the other colors know also and show  a little respect to.

That certainly is interesting. A family machine kept in good shape is special no mater what the serial number is. Good for you as it looks like it has been taken care of nicely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

Was it sold new as a open station?  Lucky to have it and it is really special your family bought it new.

Yes, it is how it was does have a new seat and we repaired it 2 years ago before we even had a clue it was even more special. It has always been special no matter what. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That certainly is interesting. A family machine kept in good shape is special no mater what the serial number is. Good for you as it looks like it has been taken care of nicely.

It will never leave here, maybe when I get old and no one is farming anymore it can go to a museum or something. Haha. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacka said:

If it is the last one gotta be valuable. There's only a few tractor models in the IH family that are iconic. I would say M,1026,1066 and when you get into the CIH's would be the first Magnum's.

Please don't touch me on my choices as iconic, just the models that the other colors know also and show  a little respect to.

It has always been special to my dad, now it is just a little bit more for sure. 

• Like 2