colter for one way disc(Brand unknown but it was red) 5ft disc

1 hour ago, R190 said:

A coulter on a disc? I am confused as to what that could be! Are you talking a disc harrow or a disk plow?

It's a 3pt hitch disk  , but it just throws soil one way. Its a disk not a disk plow . I have pictures I will try to post if I can figure out how. The first pictures are where the colter mounts ( if colter is even the correct name for the part ) And also if we are able to locate one , how wound it line up ( when mounted ) with the outside disk

DSCN0768.JPG

DSCN0764.JPG

DSCN0761.JPG

DSCN0763.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG

DSCN0766.JPG

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0765.JPG

DSCN0767.JPG

1 minute ago, Gerry Johnson said:

It's a 3pt hitch disk  , but it just throws soil one way. Its a disk not a disk plow . I have pictures I will try to post if I can figure out how. The first pictures are where the colter mounts ( if colter is even the correct name for the part ) And also if we are able to locate one , how wound it line up ( when mounted ) with the outside disk

DSCN0768.JPG

DSCN0764.JPG

DSCN0761.JPG

DSCN0763.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG

DSCN0766.JPG

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0765.JPG

DSCN0767.JPG

NOT SURE OF MAKER, BUT ORIGINALY IT WAS RED

Maybe it was a stand instead of a Coulter? You know to keep it level for hitching instead of using that cement block? Just a guess on my part. 

Then again maybe it did have a coulter to take up side thrust so it wasn't pushing the 3 point hitch arms all the way one way? If that was its purpose it wouldn't have to necessarily line up with anything?

• Like 1

I do not see what a coulter would do for it. If not a stand maybe a depth stop.  But I am also wondering if it could of been to build boards for for flood irrigation, if there is or was flood irrigation in your area.

Something about the spacers and the number cast into it is saying Massey Ferguson to me. But that is a very wild guess. Very neat but could also be a piece of a larger disc someone converted to a small 3pt unit. 

Found these pics from an upcoming auction at Stamford, tx. Hopefully they will help you a little. That plow may be a Dearborn brand. And I think anything you could get rigged up would do the job on that disc. Not really a colter but can’t think of the correct term for it right now. I think that would be used mostly for keeping the plow located for example if you were plowing dirt up on the side of a terrace that would help keep the plow from wanting to head down the side of the terrace. 3C951332-6BCB-4585-B2E6-5E281B02513B.thumb.png.ccd7d67c8cba62a0a1e02c4b4b343f86.png811DDC77-0EB0-4E6C-BB4A-004504F37965.thumb.png.22958cc7b8d8d04e05cfd7c00bb72b61.pngC04C11DB-C54F-43C5-855E-BA2B1C6BE2FF.thumb.png.ad87fe46780840963748b6ea5af331e9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's the purpose to adjust drift for different situations and soil. I think I'll just build one. I've got the shank , all I need now its a spindle and hub that will work. That sort of thing is easily sourced. I found the blade but so far no original hub assy. I can spend hours and gas looking and I think its cheaper to just build one . I'll find one the day after I get one built anyway. That's the way it works most of the time ?

• Like 1