Long Farms

57 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

What model is the 4th picture?   

Looks like a Hydro 86.

Mike

40 minutes ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Looks like a Hydro 86.

Mike

I’m pretty sure that’s a gear drive model. The small frame hydro had the mcv valve and pump on the right side. The open square on the left in the pic is where the mcv and pump go on a gear drive.

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Any of them TERP machines?

F806, 1486 and 1066BS all are TERP. the '75 1066 was not and I got it running and driving today. blew a hyd oil cooler hose and ruined my fun. I sounded like Side Show Bob laughing and driving it all around my yard after it cranked.

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, rrr4quality said:

So the TERP tractors can be parted out except for the engines?

Every thing is game for parts just block and frame rails are junk. Mexicans and Mennonites are notorious for welding them back up and going back to field with them. Has to be a running driving tractor to qualify so these were running before cut. Some still run after cut. 

• Like 1

Visible in the first pic, the Farmall 806, you can see where the frame was sliced and looks like a 3” hole sawed in the block. 
 Scrap is high this year, is that how they (the TERP outfit selling them) puts a value on those? Then they probably deduct for tires, figuring you’re doing them a favor by taking the tires off their hands.  
 Other than maybe the International 806, looks like those machines have not been actively burning fuel in the fields to contaminate the air in a long long time.  So they were scrap, basically, or somebody pulled them from scrap in some other state, to turn them in on the TERP program to get the credits.  We had a Cash For Clunkers program here in NY years ago. The gov. would give you $3 or $5k for your (assumed in efficient) older vehicle if you bought a new one, but, you had to show proof of ownership of the old vehicle for 3-5 years (a few years anyway) and it had to have been registered and on the road at that time. 
I didn’t think NY’s program was right either. 

806 brings $30k + credit towards new tractor, bigger the engine the more $ you get. 4wds with 855 size engine bring $75k + in credit. How many POS 806 are worth $30k? Guys up north talk southern tractors down and bash em especially with no TA (and most are beat up POS that deserve bashing) and they have no resell here as running tractor so $30k credit towards new tractor sounds real good for a $4k tractor. When parted out, whole condition and TA delete no longer factor and the phone starts ringing. Parts buyer line is waaaaaay longer than tractor buyer line...... people complain because parts tractors are never offered whole but they wont pay what its worth in parts and they complain when running tractors are parted out but they are normally 1st one beating down the door for parts. Way the game is played. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

806 brings $30k + credit towards new tractor, bigger the engine the more $ you get. 4wds with 855 size engine bring $75k + in credit. How many POS 806 are worth $30k? Guys up north talk southern tractors down and bash em especially with no TA (and most are beat up POS that deserve bashing) and they have no resell here as running tractor so $30k credit towards new tractor sounds real good for a $4k tractor. When parted out, whole condition and TA delete no longer factor and the phone starts ringing. Parts buyer line is waaaaaay longer than tractor buyer line...... people complain because parts tractors are never offered whole but they wont pay what its worth in parts and they complain when running tractors are parted out but they are normally 1st one beating down the door for parts. Way the game is played. 

Does it half to be off brand new?  Either way 30k is a huge number off a modern tractor.

Tractor within 2years old in same HP class is last qualification i heard. Rules are always changing. I dont enter tractors so im not up-to-date half the time. Seems to vary from farmer to farmer i get them from too. Most have no idea what theyve done other than getting big $ deducted from new tractor and rid of their daddys old 806, 1066 1486 etc. They pay a different price later on....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, stronger800 said:

We had a Cash For Clunkers program here in NY years ago. The gov. would give you $3 or $5k for your (assumed in efficient) older vehicle if you bought a new one, but, you had to show proof of ownership of the old vehicle for 3-5 years (a few years anyway) and it had to have been registered and on the road at that time. 

Had that in Ohio. Saw some pretty nice cars go to the scrappers. Enough to make you sick.

typical $$$ for the elites.

back side on most of it was credit over years and HOOPS !!+ to get credit, otherwise back charge and penalty

replacement has to be run x hours per year (documents/verification )and consume 110% of the fuel saved not to mention all the EPA BS!! burned more fuel in total

Speaking of Texas.... if someone has some trailer space heading north, I've got a couple rear axles with bolsters off of cotton pickers just west of Houston needing a ride to eastern Illy noise. Would be happy to meet part way if I'm not busy with harvest/field work.  thanks