Has anyone used one of them International Plow Mulchers?

U-C

It wasn't an IH,  but I'm not sure the IH mulcher was even an IH, but it was probably made at Canton Works.  The Midwest Manufacturing Company in Ida Grove Iowa probably made the first plow harrows, they made a single harrow up to 5 & 6 bottom.  Dad retired the fully mounted Fast Hitch 4-14 # 4F-43 plow spring of '67 and put a Midwest harrow on the Case 4-14 trailing plow. We didn't use it fall plowing just spring plowing but with duals mounted first pass with the disk after plowing with the harrow was silky smooth. Spring of '69 Dad traded plows for the 4010, 5-14 Case trailing plow, even widened the harrow and the 4010 was WAY down in 2nd & 3rd gear trying to pull it, so we dropped the 5th bottom off and could run 4th gear. After a "Good" tune-up, NOT what the dealer's Ace mechanic did, I could even plow in 5th gear, till the head gasket blew one Saturday morning.

You had to watch your left turns on headlands, the harrows liked to reach out and grab the fences really tight.  Not so much turning right.  Changes in tillage styles probably caused them to fall out of favor more than anything. If you plowed our slightly clay soils a day or two too early in spring they formed brick bats you could barely break with a sledge hammer.  With the plow harrow on the plow, and duals on the tractor discing the plowed ground first pass it was much much smoother. Much better seedbed, quicker germination most years.

I drove by MIDWEST Manufacturing in Ida Grove, Iowa about exactly a year ago, They're still in business but not making ag related equipment anymore, making boat trailers and boat docks.

We have used a buster bar for as long as I can remember. I think the design shown here would flex more, which would probably be a good thing. In GOOD soil we could actually plant right behind the plow with no additional work. Although we only ever did that in the garden, because most fields have at least one bad spot that needs to be worked. Plus I like to settle the ground with the rollers of a cultimulcher or everything sinks too much.