End of an Era

I heard yesterday that the Huber Brothers have decided to have an auction next spring and sell off their beautiful collection.   For those of you that were not familiar,  they have a large (around 175) tractor collection.   They had an Open House celebration every June.  High crops, wheatland, low serial number, LP. They had it all.  Sad to see it end, but such is life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

End for one is beginning for another

This.

An opportunity for someone else to build a high end collection. It can't be done unless someone else is willing to sell...

7 hours ago, KWRB said:

This.

An opportunity for someone else to build a high end collection. It can't be done unless someone else is willing to sell...

I see your point  but there is always the old fashioned way of buying a tractor and restoring it yourself or hiring someone to restore it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I see your point  but there is always the old fashioned way of buying a tractor and restoring it yourself or hiring someone to restore it.

I agree, and that's what I do, because I can't afford restored tractors, and because I like the challenge and the pride of it. However, the restoration well isn't bottomless, and certain rarities can't be recreated, like experimentals, special serial numbers, certain provenance.

Eventually, I'm probably going to end up buying a real nice O-4 or O-6, because I've never seen a great restoration candidate that would not require fabrication that's way beyond me, if the information (drawings, etc) even exists to perform the fabrication.

• Like 1